4.

Tara

"August, come on." I whined.

"I'm not going out there, it's cold."

"But I want to go build a snowman."

"Knock yourself out."

I continued to annoy him until he finally agreed.

"It's cold as fuck out here." He complained.

"Boy, watch your mouth." His mom yelled from inside the house.

August worked on our snowman, I snuck up behind him and threw the snowball at his head. He quickly turned around and chased me all over the yard.

When he finally caught me he picked me up.

"Put me down." I squealed.

He spun me around as I laughed.

"Now apologize."

"I sowwy Auggie bear." I pouted.

He smacked his lips, "Don't call me that shit."

I noticed he was still holding on to me.

"Uh, August-"

"Sorry." He quickly unwrapped his arms from around me.

"I didn't tell you to let me go." I told him wrapping his arms back around me.

I looked up at him and we started to both lean in. Our lips touched and it felt like electricity surged through my body.

I've never felt this way before. He deepened the kiss and his grip got tighter around me.

"Aye, you know kissing can get you pregnant." Travis said making us jump.

"Shut up and go find you some business." August told him.

"Ooh somebody is upset."

"Would yall stop fooling around in this snow and come in here for some peach cobbler, Mal gonna eat it all." Sheila told us from the door.

"I call the corner piece!" August shouted as he ran in the house with Travis behind him.

I followed behind them smiling like an idiot.

He kissed me.

☆☆☆

I leaned on the counter with my head down. It's a slow day since everyone is at home with there families.

It's Christmas day and I'm working. But it doesn't matter anyways. My father always goes to get drunk on Christmas.

"Excuse me, what is a beautiful girl like yourself doing here all by yourself on Christmas?" A voice asked.

I raised my head seeing August standing in front of me smiling.

"What are you doing here, you should be with your family." I said.

Omniscient

"I came to see you." He told her.

August figured her dad would be getting drunk and he didn't want her spending Christmas alone.

Tara smiled, "That's sweet of you but-"

"But nothing. You know I'm not having a good Christmas either." He sighed.