11.

Tara

Here I was waking up from yet another nightmare. I looked up at August who was still not awake. I wake up hoping he's watching me sleep like he always does.

"When are you going to wake up?" I asked as if he was going to respond.

I laid my head on his chest hearing his heartbeat. The rhythm of his heart matched mines.

"Tara, come eat some food." Lani told me as.

"No." I rolled my eyes.

I continued to lay with August holding his hand.

"Tara-"

I cut her off with a gasp, "Lani, he just squeezed my hand."

His eyes slowly opened. Chris got up to go find the doctor.

"You're awake!" I squealed. "How are you feeling? Does anything hurt? Are you hungr-"

"I'm fine, baby but what about you, you look horrible."

"Thanks, August." She said sarcastically.

"Ah, glad to see you up Mr.Alsina. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked when he walked into the room.

"I feel fatigued."

"That's normal, your wounds are almost healed, you'll still need to change your bandages every few hour. But we're going to need to run a few tests to make sure everything is fine. You'll be able to be discharged tomorrow. Since you're of legal age there was no need to call your parents." He explained before leaving.

August sighed in relief. I don't know why, because when he gets out this hospital, he's going to get a mouthful from me.

"I can't go home like this. My mama will start asking questions." August complained.

"You can stay with me, my dad is in Miami with Giselle for the next two weeks." I rolled my eyes at the mentioning of her name.

I should let him get in trouble for being dumb but I can't do that to him.

☆☆☆☆

August laid on my bed texting away on his phone as I straddled him. I snatched the phone out his hand and put it in my bra.

"T, stop playing and give my phone." He put his hand in my bra making me smack his hand away.

"Don't think we're not about to talk about this."

He rubbed his hand down his face, groaning, "Don't start."

"Tell me what to do again so I can knock the taste buds out your mouth." I dared him.

He mumbled under his breath but made sure I didn't hear him.

"You need to stop, August. Next time you might not be so lucky." I told him, thinking about the reoccurring dream I kept having while he was in the coma.

"There won't be a next time."

"You said nothing was going to happen to you but it did." I snapped.

"You said you trusted me."

"This has nothing to do with my trust, it's about your well being."

"I'm fine, right?" He said a little angry.

"But what if you weren't, huh! This shit you're doing is stupid and you need to stop before you're in this way more than you already are!"