10.

Tara

"We are here today to mourn over the loss of a brother, a son." The pastor started.

"August!" I cried, throwing myself over his casket.

My dad grabbed me, putting me back in my seat. I couldn't believe he was actually gone.

Chris gave a speech but I was too hysterical to even speak.

I looked at August laying lifeless. The bullet punctured his heart and he died before they made it to the hospital.

I'm never going to be able to lay in his arms or hear his voice that held his strong accent. My baby was gone forever.

"Are you hungry?" My father asked as I laid in my bed staring at the blank wall.

I shook my head and he sighed before leaving my room. I looked at the picture of me and August on my dresser. Tears started to soak my pillow.

My eyes slowly closed.

"Tara...Tara!"

I shot up out my sleep looking around making Lani step back. I was sitting in the waiting room at the hospital.

"Where's August?" I got up feeling frantic.

"He's still in surgery." Chris told me.

I started to cry all over again, "W-what if h-h-"

"T, calm down." Lani gave me a concerned look.

"Family of August Alsina." The doctor said.

I quickly walked up to him, "Is he okay?"

She flipped through the papers on her clipboard.

"He's stable and the surgery was successful but he went into shock and it caused him to slip into a coma."

"Do you know when he will wake up?" Chris asked.

The doctor sighed,"I'm afraid not."

"Can we go see him?" I asked.

"Of course, he's in room 178."

We went inside the room once we came across it.

He laid on the bed with a gauze on his left shoulder and one on his right calf.

I grabbed his hand rubbing my thumb over the back of it.

"You're just danger prone, aren't you?" I chuckled.

His body stayed still.

"I'm going to need you to wake up, baby." My voice started to crack.

Of course there wasn't any type of response.

☆☆☆

Three dreadful weeks have gone by and August still hasn't opened his eyes.

I've been missing school, not eating. I can't function right until August wakes up.

"Tara, you need to take a shower and get some food in you, this isn't healthy." Chris said when he came in the room for his daily visit.

"I'm not hungry." I mumbled as I laid in the hospital bed with August.

"Aug wouldn't want you sitting here starving yourself."

"You make it seem like he's dead."

He sighed, "When's the last time you ate?"