28.

Four Months Later

Tara

"Christian!" I screamed from the bedroom.

He ran into the room looking around.

"What is it? What's wrong?" He asked in a panic.

"Can you hand me the remote?" I pointed at the floor.

He let out a sigh of relief, "You can't keep doing that."

"Chris, give me the remote." I whined.

"Okay, just don't start crying again." He laughed as he handed me the remote.

I'm twenty-two weeks pregnant and I feel as big as a house. I can't even get up without being out of breath.

"Where's your pants, T?"

"I can't fit anything. I'm fat." I started to cry.

"You're not fat."

"Yes I am! I can't even touch my toes."

He sighed, "Please stop crying."

I just kept crying. These hormones have me completely messed up. One minute I'm crying, the next minute I'm angry.

"Christopher I'm going to beat your ass! You can never do anything right!" I heard Lani yelling as her and Chris walked through the front door.

I raised up from the bed with Christian's help and went to see what was going on.

"I didn't know you wanted a frosty, Lan." He groaned in frustration.

"Well what the fuck else am I going to dip my fries in, Maurice?" She gave him a cold look.

"Do you want me to go back to Wendy's and get you fries?"

"No, you made me lose my damn appetite!" She mushed him in the face before putting a spoonful of her chocolate frosty in her mouth.

Christian brought me my bowl of ice cream with pickle slices.

"I want some." Lani pouted.

"You just said you weren't hungry anymore." Chris said.

"Did I fucking ask you that?" Lani snapped.

Lani is nine months pregnant and is ready to pop any day now. They'll be bringing a baby girl into the world.

Her and Chris fight all the time but he knows it's just the hormones. He still puts up with her while August didn't even want to be bothered by our child.

I'm not alone but it would be nice to have him here.

☆☆☆

"Tara, wake up." Christian shook me with urgency coating his voice. His shaking startled me making me slap him.

Out of all people he knows not to wake me up like that.

I sat up on the bed, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. We need to get to the hospital, Lani is in labor."

I tried to quickly get up but that was an epic fail. Christian helped me put my shoes on since that's a struggle I don't even want to deal with.

Yes, Christian stays with me but he sleeps on the couched. He insisted on being with me at all times.

When we walked inside the hospital I immediately spotted Lani and Chris' family. Along with August who surprisingly, didn't have his lap dog with him.