24.

Short chapter
♤♤♤

Tara

I put the tape over the last box. Graduation is in two weeks and I can officially move into my apartment today with the help of Christian.

"Is that it?" He asked.

"Yup." I sighed.

He picked up one of the many boxes and took it to his truck. I leaned on it as I watched August walk up the sidewalk.

"Where are you going?" He asked, stopping in front of me.

"That's not any of your business." I scoffed.

"Fine, where are my clothes that I left here?"

"Gone." I replied in a bored tone.

"What do you mean 'gone'?" He raised his eyebrow.

"I mean gone, in ashes." I said nonchalantly.

"You burned my clothes?"

"I sure did."

"I can't fit no more boxes in here so we have to come back." Chris referred to the boxes fitting in his car.

"Okay."

"You fucking him?" August asked only loud enough for me to hear.

"Who I decide to have sex with, is not your business."

"You didn't answer my question." He gritted his teeth, roughly grabbing my arm. "Did you have sex with him?"

I laughed while getting out of his grip, "Don't worry about it."

"Tara-"

"Bye." I waved as I climbed into the truck.

"He still wants you." Chris chuckled.

"I don't care. Right now I'm focusing on Tara, no boys or any other irrelevant people."

"You still love him?"

"Of course I do."

☆☆☆☆

I plopped down on my new couch feeling my body relax. Being in my own apartment is a breath of fresh air.

"I hate you, Chris." Lani snapped as she walked through the front door.

"Okay, Lani." He replied, rolling his eyes.

"Why don't you love me?" She started crying.

"Here, eat your chicken sandwiches, Lan." He handed her a bag of McDonalds.

"Okay." She sniffed.

"Hello to you too." I joked.

"Hey, T. This place is nice." Lani looked around, scarfing down her sandwich.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"August asked about you." Chris interjected.

Lani sucked her teeth, "Why you bringing up that irrelevant nigga. I'm still going to beat that bitch ass."

"No you're not, Lani don't make me put you in your place." Chris gave her a serious look.

She sat back and mumbled under her breath.

"Anyways, he came over and said you was sleeping with Christian and you burned the clothes he left at your house." Chris continued.

"I sure did burn his shit to complete ash. But I'm not sleeping worth Christian, August asked if I was and I told him it wasn't his business." I shrugged.