13.

Tara

"Give me a kiss." August said for the hundredth time as he flicked my hair with his pencil.

"Stop, I'm trying to take my test." I hissed.

"The answers are B, A, A, C, B,." He told me as he glanced at the paper in front of me.

"Is it right?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes before getting up to turn his paper in. The teacher graded it and handed it back. He held up the paper showing the hundred percent in red ink.

"Don't question my abilities." He sat down in his seat.

"What's the last one?" I whispered to him.

"D." He smirked.

I scoffed at his immaturity and went to get my paper graded. I chewed on my bottom lip as she marked all over the paper.

She handed the it to me and I smiled at the ninety-five percent.

"Better luck next time." August shook his head.

"What are you talking about? That's an A."

"Yeah, but it's not a hundred percent. This is my two thousand and one hundred sixtieth A. I've always gotten an A since I started school." He said proudly.

"Nerd." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be mad, my little sweet potato pie." He pinched my cheek.

"Mr. Alsina, there are people still taking a test so stop your fraternizing with Tara." The teacher spoke.

"That's their problem that they take a whole damn class period to answer thirty multiple choice questions, not mines." August shot back.

"Watch your mouth in my classroom."

"It's physically impossible for me to actually watch my mouth."

Her face turned red from anger. But she couldn't come back with anything to say.

"That's what I thought." He mumbled under my breath.

"The nigga think he bad now." Jacquees laughed.

"Yo, shut the fuck up." August spat.

"Or what?"

"I'll beat-"

"Gentlemen." The teacher warned.

A boy strolled into the room making all heads turn. He was light skin with curly, blondish-brown hair. His lips were pink and kissable. Everything about him was just perfect.

"Everyone this is Nate, he's a new student so make him feel welcomed." The teacher announced. "You can take the seat next to Tara."

Nate looked for the only seat that was left and say down.

"Hey beautiful." He gave me a head nod.

I gave him a shy wave, feeling August's eyes on me.

"You have a pencil?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to speak but August beat me to it.

"No she doesn't, come to class prepared next time." He sneered.

Nate looked like he wanted to say something but he didn't.

"You don't have to be rude, August." I rolled my eyes as I handed Nate a pencil.

He's jealous.

☆☆☆

August