27.

Tara

I sat on the couch bouncing my leg up and down. I'm pregnant and I'm not even on good terms with the father of my child.

"You have to tell him." Lani said as she rubbed my back.

"But I can't be pregnant. Not now." My voice cracked.

I wasn't crying because I was pregnant. I was crying because I didn't know how this situation will turn out.

"You took five tests, T. Just know that Chris and I are here."

"Me too." Christian interjected.

I slightly smiled knowing that my friends were here for me. My life is going to change completely and I need all the support I can get.

"Perk up, T. This is suppose to be happy moment. You're having a baby." Lani squealed.

It's kind of hard to be happy when you have no idea what you're doing. I live in a condo that is paid by my father.

And the only money I make is from Foot Locker. How will I be able to financially take care of this baby?

There's only so much you could do with a high school diploma.

"Tara!" Chris shouted making me snap my attention to him.

"I'm sorry. Did you say something?"

"I said how are you going to tell him?" He repeated giving me a remorseful look.

"I'm just going to tell him and just accept whatever the outcome is."

August mentioned he wanted children but he's changed meaning his thoughts have changed. Today just might determine whether I'll be a single mother or I'll have him by my side.

"I'm going to tell him today." I got off the couch to grab my phone off the kitchen counter.

"He's at our place with Chris." Lani informed me.

Her and Christian gave me a look as if they were telling me good luck.

I just might need it.

☆☆☆☆

I walked up the apartment door hearing loud music blaring from the other side. I knocked on the door and waited until Chris answered.

"Where Lani at?" He looked out into the hallway.

"She's perfectly fine at my place, don't worry." I chuckled while I welcomed myself inside.

August sat on the couch about to light a blunt.

"A-August." I stammered, feeling my palms getting sweaty from my.

He looked up at me clearly surprised that I was here.

"Can I talk to you?" I played with my fingers.

"....Sure."

I followed him into one of the bedrooms. My heart was thumping so hard I'm sure August could hear it.

He plopped down on the bed, "What's wrong?"

"I-I..." I took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant."

He laughed making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why are you telling me?"