Chapter 20

"Yeah...Okay...got it...Bye mom, tell dad I said bye. Okay...Okay! Bye," I sighed, pressing the off button. Parents...you know them. Mom had caalled me a little after the Jace incident. She wanted to check on me, make sure I hadn't destroyed anything. She called Carol earlier, a little after I left. But Carol told her that I had gone out.

I let out a soft breath of air, recalling today's events. I need to relax. I didn't know for sure if this was Jace. It could be purely coincidental that I had run into a boy named Jace.

Only thing, should I tell Alec? I mean, I could keep this to myself. Jace didn't do anything too grave to me. And Alec wouldn't like it if I told him that I saw Jace. And it would cause a lot of drama with the other boys. I stood in the foyer for who knows how long, pondering over this.

I finally released my chin hold, when a sound of a loud motorbike pulled up into driveway. i pushed off from the hard wall, quickly jogging to the living room. I didn't want anyone to walk in and see me standing there like a fool, looking up into the clouds.

head in clouds, but my gravity's centered.

I poked my head around the wall, attempting to get a glimpse of who's there. The key was stuck in the lock hole, and in walked someone I didn't expect..

"Travis?"

Travis Gray was standing in the doorway, holding a firm 12 pack of energy drink 'RedBull'.

His gaze snapped to me, and his eyes widened.

"Nerd? What are you doing here?"

"I asked you first."

"I asked you second."

"What?"

"Answer the question!"

Travis chhuckled, and held up the platinum key, dangling it by is keyring. Must have been the spare key. It glimmered under the slight ray of the sun, as Travis placed it back in his palm. "Alec told me to come over." He explained. "Now it's your turn."

I sucked in a breath, shaking my head. Great. Now I have to tell them I stay here. Joy.

"I uh, I'm staying here for the next two weeks." I said briskly, not wanting to press the topic.

"Oh?" He quirked an eyebrow teasingly.

"Be quiet Travis." I scowled. Seriously?

He laughed, turning to walk into the living room. I trailed after him curiously.

"So what did Alec want you here for?" I inquired, trying to make conversation.

Travis carefully removed the package from in between his muscular forearm and his upper torso. He places it in both hands, thrusting it outwards to show me.

"Came to drop off this. We're turning up tonight." H said casually, placing the box on the counter.

I eyed it carefully, watching as he shifted it a little more inside, ensuring that it doesn't fall.

"Only you and Alec?"

"No, Chase, Luke, me, you and Alec."

"Who said I wanted to be a part of this?"

"Who said you had a choice."

I stomped my foot frustratedly. "I said I have a choice!" I pointed to myself furiously, "And I choose not to be a part of this!" That felt good to let out. It was very childish of my, but I had to. I am sick, and I am tired of getting ordered around. By them especially. And enough is enough.