Chapter 13

My heart frantically pounded against my chest, as I ran all the way home. I shut the door, trying to calm my beating heart. The images just won'y leave my mind. No matter how much I tried.

Alec.

Blood.

Punching.

More blood.

Violence.

I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping it was just a dream. I can't...I can't do this. I can't look at Alec any more; I don't want to. I never wanted to.

Opening my eyes again, I decided I should head to my room. Instead of just deep thinking here, my parents would see me, and think I have some kind of disorder. I heaved a sigh, and made my way to my room.

He knew I would be out any moment.

He knew I would see.

But why? Why would he do it? Before I went to sleep that day, he said, 'Remind me not to get into fights around you.'

What happened?

He probably wanted to get rid of me.

Yup, that's probably it.

I sat down on my bed, and placed my head in my hands. All right, Tiana. Just scene select, and scene delete, okay? Like iMovie. Oh jeez, my attempts to calming myself are absolutely pathetic. I ran my fingers through my hair, and pinched the bridge of my nose.

The cool breeze from my open window was slightly cooling me off, and it bought some kind of serenity. I thrust off my leather jacket in the process of pacing back and forth. Okay, you're safe, you're fine, you're-

"Tiana."

My eyes widened at the familiar voice. I spun around for a millisecond, and had immediate regret towards the moment. I quickly spun around, and reached for the doorknob of my room. No, no, no!

Alec's arm blocked my path, and the memories flooded back. Enough! I can't...I don't...I never will...

"Baby doll, listen to me," His words were thick with meaning, and my heart wouldn't stop racing.

"Go Alec. Please...just go." I begged, not wanting to come face to face with this monster.

He's here...

"Look at me, Tiana." His deep voice demanded, and his hand was tensing up on the wall that I was trapped on.

I brought my head back up to his face to look at the person i thought i knew. I watched as a bead of sweat trickled down his forehead, and to his locked jaw. I watched as his pink lips parted, releasing soft and steady breaths. I gazed at his eyebrows that were creasing with confusion, and finally , yet hesitantly looked into his eyes.

His prominent jaw ticked when he noticed the fear in my eyes.

"You know I'd never hurt you..." I watched as Alec slowly placed his hand next to my lower back, creating a barrier. I flinched back, and the hurt was again present in his eyes.

"Please...Please just go.." I pleaded, tears burning my vision.

"I would never, ever hurt you." He repeated, drawing out his words.

I could feel the heat radiating off his muscular body, and every rise and fall of his hard chest. He had been running.

"And I'm sorry for scaring you off like that. Honestly. And shit, I shouldn't have done any of that around you," He breathed, turning his head side to side, and turning back to look back at me, "But why are you still so afraid of me?"