Chapter 23

*Recap*

"Alec Duke," The familiar grey eye guy stated.

My mouth went ajar, as Alec turned around, his entire posture stiffening. His fists clenched into tight balls, and his forest green eyes turned a shade darker. His prominent jaw clenched as well. Something is about to go horribly wrong. I visibly gulped, shifting a little behind Alec.

"Jace."

Jace smirked.

"Fancy seeing you here."

*Back to the story*

I couldn't believe what was happening right in front of me. The atmosphere was dense with a mixture of intensity, and shock. Alec stood in a protective stance, his fists tightly clenched, restraining himself. His eyes were thoroughly mixed with shock, anger and distress. But..but they wouldn't fight in front of me, right?

I choked back despair. They wouldn't go to such lengths, right? I shifted a little bit more behind Alec, seeking protection under his muscular body.

"What are you doing here." Alec demanded ruthlessly, moving one of his hands back. I flinched back, but then I remembered. No matter how mad he is, he wouldn't hurt me. Instead he lightly pushed me behind him.

"Now, now, am I not allowed to see the wellbeing of my favorite betraying individual?" Jace smirked, just to agitate Alec a bit more.

Betraying? What? I need to go... I need to get out of here..

But I can't. You cannot leave Alec here, Tiana. What if he does something reckless, and gets hurt?

All I could do was sit quiet and observe what might go terribly wrong.

"Cut the crap, Jace. You always had dual meaning behind your motives." Alec stated, the anger inside slowly creeping into him.

Jace smiled. "I am so glad you remember me, Duke,"

Alec slightly parted his mouth. I don't know if it was because Jace knew his real last name, or just enthralling Jace being there himself.

Either way, whatever technique Jace is using is working wonderfully.

"If you've come back for us, you can just fuck off." Alec hissed, the muscles underneath his loose shirt tensing.

"Why would I have come back for you?" Jace sneered, "All you've done, is bought harm."

Alec baled his fists, refusing to let Jace agitate him. Jace took notice of this action, and ran a hand through his glossy black hair. The steely shade of his grey eyes appearing almost translucent in the ray of the sun.

My phone suddenly produced a loud noise, sharply cutting the tense atmosphere. I have the worst luck ever. I drew in a shaky breath as Jace diverted his attention from agitated Alec, to me.

Oh no.

His platinum eyes met my fear filled brown ones. My heart was thudding so loudly, I wouldn't be surprised if he had heard it. I moved a little bit out of Alec's protective stance, facing Jace fearfully, yet bravely.

"Ah, Ms. Reed. It's nice to meet you, again." A smirk was pulled at his lips, as he noted Alec's sudden movement. Alec had turned to me so fast, he could hae gotten whiplash.

I took one glance at his captive forest green eyes, and they all rendered back to one emotion. Hurt.

My heart squeezed painfully. It wasn't supposed to come out like this. I was supposed to tell him!