Chapter 8

I slumped back in my seat, running my hands through my hair frustratedly. I hate mathematics so much! I cannot afford another fail on my math. I do very well on every other subject but math! Why must it be so hard?

I glanced at Avery, who was soundly sleeping at the foot of my bed, without a carie in the world. I would love to be Avery right now.

I sighed, resting my head on my desk. Usually Jaden would help me out, but today he texted me saying that he was busy with his university. Who could blame him? He’s just as stressed as I am. So it was currently 10:00pm, I am still sitting here attempting to do this boring thing.

I groaned, tapping my pencil on the desk.

I heard a loud noise at my window, and my head abruptly whipped to it. I got up, and slowly made my way towards the window. I cautiously opened it, and slowly stuck my head out. “Aye, baby doll.” Alec called from his window which was across mine. Oh no. “Still up? Strange for a nerd.” Alec smirked, looking at me from his window.

I wasn’t even in the mood to tell him ‘get lost’, or ‘go bother someone who actually wants you.’

“Yup.” I sighed, leaning on the window sill.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, his playful era slowly leaving, as he was staring at me with concern.

“Why would you assume that something is wrong?” I raised an eyebrow, fiddling with the hem of my this cotton shirt.

“Because you didn’t gave me an smartass answer.” Alec noted, rolling his eyes, “Now tell me. What’s wrong?”

“I suck at math. That’s what’s wrong.” I admit, sheepishly staring at the grassy ground.

“You? Being bad at math? That’s funny, baby doll.” He laughed, clapping his hands together.

Now, that was rude. It was really crazy of me to think that he actually cared.

I sighed when he kept laughing, and reached to close the window. “No no no! I am sorry, I just found it hard to believe.”

Alec confessed, his dark emerald eyes shining with regret. “Hey,” He said softly, “Do you want me to help you?”

I was taken aback.

“You know translations, rotations, and reflections?” I asked in disbelief.

“I am not stupid, baby doll.” He mock gasped, holding a hand to his chest.

Was Kanefall’s bad boy himself offering me to help himself?  Or have I fallen asleep and this is all just a dream?

“Maths happen to be my best subject.” He states.

I watched as he slipped out the window, grabbing the tree branch and swung over my window. He hopped past me like he basically didn’t ninja jump straight into my house. Well sure, come right in.

“So,” He grinned, “Are we doing this on the bed?”

“No.” I gave him a disgusted scowl, before pulling another chair up, “You sit here.” I fixed the chair at my desk.

He playfully pouted, and sat down next to me. He then gripped my math textbook, bringing it towards him. I noticed as his eyebrows furrowed together cutely in concentration.

Cutely?

O jeez.

Focus Tiana, stop getting sidetracked.

Yeah, and then focus on the fact that THE Alec Duke is currently in your house and teaching you math.

“For reflection, you change the sign that the coordinate is currently in.” Alec explained, moving a bit closer so he could point it to me and show me. “Do you get it?” He asked, looking at me, his soft pieces of dark brown hair lightly tickling my forehead.