Chapter 14

I walked over to April, trying not to disrupt their conversation. Call it eavesdropping, but i call it secretly listening in on a conversation. We’re clear on that, okay?

I peeked over the lockers.

“And that’s how Alec and I became friends.” Luke chuckled, looking down at April and leaning against the lockers.

“That’s hilarious! He took a meatball for you?” April giggled, looking awestruck with Luke who stood in front of her.

“Yep.” Luke smiled, with the same expression.

What are we looking at?” A deep voice whispered into my ear.

I almost had a heart attack, but then I saw Travis with an amused expression next to me.

“Travis! You scared the living day lights out of me!” I held a hand to my chest.

“Kind of my point.” He gave me an innocent shrug. Jeez. What is it about him?

“We’re looking at April and Luke..” I whispered, pointing to them.

“Ooh. Looks like we have another lover boy.” Travis smirked, giving me a pointed look. Lover boy? Since when did-

“Aye! Love birds!” Travis yelled, walking over them.

What on earth is he planning? We can’t but in right now! It was just getting good!

“Travis! What are you doing?” I hissed, grabbing his arm and tugging him back. “Blowing their covers, honestly.” He chuckled. “No, we can’t interrupt them! They need to live out their affection.” I informed him, and he held his smirk on his face.

“And what are you going to do about it?” Travis teased, poking my side.

“Stop it!” I protested, swatting his hands away.

“All right!” He chuckled, holding his hands up in surrender, and walked back to me.

“Well I have to find Alec. Do you know where he’s at?”

I just shook my head, fixing the strap on my bag.

Travis seemed like he knew something, but just kept quite. “Okay then, I gotta go. See you.” He smiled, and gave me a wave.

I waved back, and turned to look at where April and Luke were standing. April was left there, with a lovey dovey expression on her face. I raised an eyebrow, and snapped my fingers in her face. Jeez, she was probably more obsessed with him now, instead. Well, one girl less for Alec. Good, he doesn’t need an ego boost.

He looks like a male model, Tiana. It’s only natural.

Goodness, inner mind. Put a sock in it! I, Tiana, do not like Alec Duke. Okay ?

“What? Oh sorry,” April breathed, coming out of her trance. Okay, let’s not waste any time. Hi ho, off to work we go.

“Do you like Luke?” I asked immediately, purposely disregarding any other topics.

“Uhh, what? No formal greeting?” April joked, awkwardly punching my arm.

“Nope. No time for that. But do you mind explaining why you were so up close and personal with Luke over there?” I pressed, aiming for the truth.

“I uh-I just- I might- Fine,” She sighed, exasperated, “I think I might have a teensy weensy crush on him.”

Should i fake surprise? Act like I had no idea all along? Or, just be straight up blunt? Hardest decision I’ve ever made in a while...