Chapter 12

I stared blankly at the phone. It was a blackberry curve. Someone wasn’t clearly up to date with their phones. It was very different, compared to my Samsung Ace ll X. Well.

Why am I doing this again? Right, because I don’t want Alec to tell anyone anything that happened last night. I don’t need the attention! And I don’t want it. And I don’t want my head dunked in a toilet either. Those Duke fanatics have done it once. Not to me though. But I’m certain that they would do it again to any girl that speaks to Alec.

The way the Blackberry security is set up, you get 10 tries for the password. Alec definitely went past that. It will wipe all of the data from the device, but then you will have access to the device. I have never seen any way around this, but I could try. I don’t exactly think that there’s a way to bypass it, unless there’s a 513 error or something like that.

I just did a low level wipe through JL or CrackUtil and it cleared the 513 out, and using one more simple reload, it got me back up and running.

My first actual ‘mission’ and I didn’t fail.

Woo hoo and all that jazz. I was sitting in the comforts of my own home, wearing different attire than my usual skirt and dressy top. To say I was a jeans person would be an understatement.

Okay, instead of sitting here all wrapped up in my thoughts, I should really go return this piece of junk to Alec. I pulled open my window, and gazed upon Alec’s closed window. Count on him to be away when you really need him. I guess I’ll have to do it from scratch then. I walked downstairs, and pulled the door open.

I was greeted by the enthralling rays of sunlight, and the impeccable sounds of the bird chirping. Speaking of which, I should really spend more time outside. I guess the bad boys are right. I am just a nerdy good girl who spends most of her time inside reading Hunger Games or doing homework.

I then walked a tedious and tiring journey to his doorstep. Even though he is my neighbour, it still took a long time. I rang the doorbell, and rocked back and forth on the balls of my feet, waiting for the large wooden door to be opened. It swung open, and i was greeted by Mrs. Duke.

“Tiana darling!” Mrs. Duke greeted, “How are you?”

“I’m great, thanks.” I smiled, “You?”

“I’m doing good, sweetie. Come in! Come sit,” She chirped, opening the door wider.

“Thank you, Mrs. Duke. But i just actually wanted to know where Alec is,”

“Oh! Right. Alec said you might stop by,” She placed a finger on her chin, “Do you know where the Grill is??”

I nodded.

“He said to tell you to meet him there.” She smiled.

“Alright. Thanks Mrs. Duke! I grinned.

“No problem, sweetheart. Tell your mother i said hi!”

“Will do.”

I then took another journey, this time an even longer one! Curse you, Alec Duke.

For making me walk all the way down the street.

                                              ~***~

I opened the doors to the Kanefall Grill. It was buzzing with sounds, and music, and all of that. I clutched the phone tightly in hand, while searching through the people for Alec. I ran my hand through my hair. Where could he be? He better not has sent me on a wild goose chase around this area. Because i will give him a well deserved slap.