Chapter 7

I trudged my way down the hallways, looking for the detention room. What? I’ve never been there in my life. And I wasn’t planning on.

Until today…

Oh no, I would get killed for being late. Wait, what would happen in there? Are there mice? Rats? Delinquents? I ran my fingers through my hair, a habit when I was nervous. Ah jeez, I was scaring myself even more.

“Lost?” A deep voice said from behind me. I spun around, to face none other than Chase Hunter, AKA, one of Alec’s friends. The normal one in my books, so far.

“Well, yup…” I looked down the hall and then back at him.

“Need help?” Chase offered, “I’m going to detention myself.”

Not a surprise.

“Do you guys always get detention?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. It seemed like they always did, maybe that’s why they are so cool with it.

“Yeah, it’s like our hangout place.” Chase shrugged, and then added, “By the way, you were going the wrong way. It’s on the other side of school.”

“Oh gosh.” I mentally facepalmed.

“Hey, I have an idea.” Chase grinned excitedly, “How about we play 21 questions.”

“How do I know you’re not going to make me answer something really weird?”

“Because, I know for fact that you think I’m the normal one out of them.”

“How do you know?”

“You mumbled it under your breath.”

Fiddlesticks! Did I really say that out loud?

Whatever.

“Fine, you start.” I folded my arms across my chest, and turned the corner with him.

“Are you a good girl?” Chase questioned, tilting his head to a side.

“Uhh, I guess?” It came out more like a question.

“Are you smart?” I asked. What? I was curious if all bad boys were stupid.

“Believe it or not, yes.”

“Have you ever been kissed?” He asked.

“Nope.”

“Have you ever got in trouble by police?” I asked.

“Eh, a couple of times.” Replied Chase.

“Have you ever drank alcohol?” he asked.

“Never in my life.” I answered, with a little shake of my head.

“What’s your favourite color?”

“Don’t judge me, but I like orange.”

“Do you like violence?” he asked.

I flinched and shook my head.

“Do you ever get into fights?” I asked.

“Yeah, occasionally.”

“Have you ever sworn?” he asked.

“Nope. Never have I ever.”

“Do you have a tattoo?” I questioned.

He cocked an eyebrow, but nodded. “Yep.”

“Are you virgin?” He bluntly asked, and my eyes widened.

He eyed me with pure amusement, obviously, not joking. What kind of question is this?