Dix-Sept

Olivia

I need fresh air but I don't want to risk seeing his face. Five days of no contact - five long days of dealing with heartbreak. In a perfect world I would be at Columbia, Charlie would alive, and I never would have met Brad.

After dressing and putting on my long tan coat, I went downstairs to find Beth wrapping a bunch of apple pies. Brad was the least of my concerns now, and I figured he wouldn't dare show his face at the fall fest.

Beth and I walked through the leave colored ground, taking in all the little stands and arts and craft sections set up for kids. Everything, including this weather, screamed fall.

Beth laced her arm with mine after I clearly had been quiet for too long. I don't even know if she asked me a question or not.

"Sorry, I'm just a little distracted," I sighed.

Beth smiled, "that's okay. Feeling better?"

I looked over at her, analyzing her dark blue eyes and soft pale skin. "Honestly, no."

"What exactly happened?" she asked, "one minute I head all this giggling coming from your room and the next thing I know your a wreck in the kitchen. I just... I want to understand."

"Reality happened." I answered so simply, that Beth was a little distraught. She squeezed my arm a little tighter, but I attempted to give her a smile. "I'm going to be okay."

We were turning the corner when a familiar set of curly locks came into view. He had three guys around him; two dirty blondes and a brunette. My head hurt at the sight of him.

It was too late now, because Brad's eyes were locked onto mine. Beth was oblivious, going on about or thanksgiving plans while I was lost in the eyes I knew best. His friends all looked over at me, eyes widening a little bit I didn't know them and they didn't know me. It was obvious what I meant to Brad - some booty call or fling he could have while away.

Beth broke free of my arm when she saw Sally and I nearly broke down when I was left standing alone. Brad was on his way towards me but I was rushing through a crowd of people, but not fast enough. The moment his hand caught my wrist I felt electricity surge through me.

"Olivia," Brad breathed, "talk to me."

"What's there to talk about?" My smile was sad and I couldn't cry here, so I held myself together by a thin string. "I know that I wasn't what you wanted so it's fine, Brad. I shouldn't have expected so much-"

Brad shook his head, "no, no, I wanted you-"

"Right, because waking up alone really proved that. I'm obviously heart broken because I love you but I understand that you don't feel the same way. It was nice while it lasted, so... Uh, I guess have a good holiday," I shrugged.

"Olivia, please," he pleaded, "I didn't want to hurt you, baby."

I stared at a total stranger. The Brad I knew wouldn't have left me to wake up alone with a horrible hangover. The Brad I learned to know was sweet and caring and selfless - everything that he truly wasn't around anyone else.

Brad reached out to grab my hand but I quick stepped back back. I'm not his to hold anymore and I definitely couldn't bare the thought of touching him.

"Brad-" The three guys I saw him with earlier were walking up to him. They all were staring at me, but it only hurt more.

"Who's this?" the short one questioned.

I stared at Brad because my heart was breaking more than I could possibly imagine. It seemed that I was some sloppy hook up for him to keep quiet about this whole time.