+ honeymoon avenue

Note: This chapter has mature content,
please read at your own discretion.
Playlist: Say You Love Me // Jessie Ware, I Love You // Little Mix, All of Me // John Legend, Loving Someone // The 1975
• • •

There's something magical about running away with the person you love, going off the record for a few days to drown in the love that we officiated only two days ago. He lays beside me on his stomach, bare back exposed but his bum covered by the silky white sheets we're both laced in. Last night lingers on our skin and the messy blankets we've rolled around in. Laying on my side, I run my fingers through his curly brown hair and smile to myself.

I move a bit closer to him, our warmth clashing but not unbearable. I kiss his shoulder and run my fingers down his spine, feeling the ridges them the dimples in his lower back. On that same hand my engagement ring and wedding ring are comfortable on my ring finger where they'll stay forever.

Brad likes to say I'm the heavy sleeper, but he's still asleep as I trace his spine again and again. I rest my chin on his shoulder and flutter my eyes shut. With my hand rested on his lower back, he starts to stir a bit, head turning to face me, eyes opening as mine do.

"Morning, angel," he smiled.

"Morning, handsome." I brush my fingers up his back then to his cheek where my thumb outlines his cheekbone.

Brad adjusts himself, laying on his side now before pressing our naked bodies together, his hand on my lower back right above my bum. Chest to chest he ducks down and kisses my forehead, my nose, then my lips.

"We've been here for two days and have yet to do some exploring," I giggled, resting my head on his pillow. His smooth skin feels so good against mine.

"Paris isn't as beautiful as you," he smirked.

"Ah, I disagree," I teased. "You must still be a little tipsy from all that champagne we had last night."

Brad laughed, nuzzling his face against mine. "I am not, and as I recall you were the one drunk as can be. It was cute," he smiled.

"I was not drunk, I remember it all too well," I laughed, flushing with embarrassment. "Every night with you is special."

"I can say the same," he sighed happily.

I rest my head against his chest and take a shaky breath. Our wedding was days ago but I'm still as emotional as ever, just happy that we finally got to say I do. We're now forever intertwined, souls latched on till death do us part.

Brad runs his fingers through my slightly knotty hair, gently combing through it as we just lay here, holding each other in silence. I hear his heart beating and it sounds so strong. I wonder if ours beat at the same time. His fingers suddenly brush across my cheek and I look up at him, seeing concern in his dark eyes.

"We never really got to talk about how you felt at the wedding without Charlie," he said. "And I didn't want to bring it up but your mom was a little worried...but you seemed fine."

My heart beat faltered a bit. "There isn't much to say about it. I know that if he were here he would have been happy for us. It's only been three years but it feels like I lost him yesterday. Thanks for helping me through it all."