Chapter 6

Barney POV

Ferris had left about 30 minutes later when she had come to comfort me since Tool came home. She was quite strange to him. I mean normally girls would see him and than just walk the other direction. He wasn't a swinger like Tool or even really that good looking like Lee. He was just plain old, intimidating Barney Ross who was a cold blooded mercenary with a crush on a weapons dealer.

But why would some one as pretty as Ferris even think about liking him. She was kind,smart, and beautiful than there was him. The exact opposite it would seem. 

God he couldn't believe he was getting so worked up over a girl he had met 3 weeks ago. 

He sighed trying to clear his mind of Ferris and Yins untimely death. He had decided end to call up the other Expendables including Ferris who Barney knew would help with the decision on who would replace Yins spot on the team. As much as he didn't want to think about it he had to get some one fast if they were to go on another mission soon. He also needed to pay Ferris for her guns that had worked perfectly during the mission. 

About an hour later the team showed up, Lee came first then Toal, Ferris, Ceaser, and lastly Gunnartan of course. They all sat on a faded maroon leather couch that was long a in a half circle shape. There was a solem feel to the air almost like at a funeral. Ferris sat in between Lee and Ceaser.

" Alright guys, I know we are all unhappy about Yins death but we need to find a replacement for his spot" Barney said standing in the center of the circular couch  with his arms crossed over his broad chest.

Ferris Pov

I had gotten the call from Barney about the meeting. I wasn't really on the team but I guess since I'm a good friend of Barney now as well as Tool. I sat next to Lee and Ceaser than sat  next to me but they weren't all goofing off and drinking beer like normal. It's was all serious witch I knew would happen after Yins death. 

" Alright guys, I know we are all unhappy about Yins death but we need to find a replacement for his spot" Barney said standing in the center of the circular couch with his arms crossed over his broad chest. He looked at us all individually as he spoke.

" Well what about Joe Bones?" Gunnar suggested casually out loud breaking the ensuing silence that draped heavily over the air. I rose a brow " That guy is Kama- Crazy" I said matter of factly making Ceaser smile as well as Toal. " I agree, last time I met that guy he tried to blow me up" Lee said in his cockney accent and I giggled softly. I didn't know Joe Bones all that well but what I did know was that he had a reputation for being an idiot. No wonder Gunnar liked him. But at least it thinned the air and make it not so tense.

" Joe Bones is out of the question sorry, he can't have more than one crazy Swedish person on this team" Barney said with a half smile" Moving on".

For the next 20 minutes people suddgested random people some I heard of some I didn't but it was hard to find some one good enough for Yins spot. 

" Wait I have an idea" Toal said loudly over the group who was arguing if they should let this guy named Liam Franco join. We all turned to him and then he pointed at me " What about her?" He said pointing at me and all eyes went straight to where I was sitting.

"W-wait what? I'm retired?!?" I exclaimed not liking the attention all on me. I looked at Barney for help but I dought he could create a reason for me not to be on the team. " So? When you were a bounty hunter with yer crew I heard you were good. Notoriously good at getting anybody" Lee said.

" Plus your a weapons dealer"

" Can kick my ass"

" and really smart" 

" And hot" 

I glared at Gunnar when he said the last one and he just winked at me. 

" Well it's up to you Ferris. What do you say?" Barney said uncrossing his arms and looking at me. I sat there looked around at the group from face to face. Could this be my new family? I had been pretty much alone for the past three years so maybe it was good for a change just maybe.

I sighed and looked back up at Barney " Ok fine I'll do it" I said and almost at once whoops of triumph and yells filled the air and I saw Toal go get the beer. Well at least me joining the team is helping them get over Yins death. 

I looked back up at Barney who was smiling his crooked smile at me. 

Then we all got drunk and had a hell of good night.