Chapter 12

Ferris Pov

The team had all safely gotten to the rondavue point at the hotel. They had all just been waiting for Bareny and I.

Now we were all in Tools shop drinking beer and having a good after party from the successful mission. Lee and Tool were both having a knife throwing competition and were aiming at this odd designed target looking thing that was already scared with old and recent knife marks.

Toal Road and Ceaser were both jeering and cheering on Tool and Lee as they both took turns trying to hit the target on the wall. It was actually very amusing to watch.

I was currently sitting next Barney with my legs creased on my side, similar to how I normally sat at my weapons dealing nightclub. I was talking with Barney and Gunnar as we watched the others act like little children with knifes.

Gunnar was trying to explain to me some sort of equation from when he attended MIT. " Your trying to tell me you went to MIT? Ha! Sure" I said half drunkly and playfully hit his shoulder. " It's actually true you know" Barney said with a smile that only seemed to come out when ever he was drinking. " Before Gunnar became chemically imbalanced he was once a successful graduate of MIT. Then he dropped out of MIT to be a Bouncer" Barney added.

" I wanted to get close to this one girl, she was a dancer at the joint" Gunnar told me and I rose a brow " Didn't she leave you?" Barney asked and Gunnar glared at him with a tipsy glint in his eyes " Wouldn't you?" Gunnar asked.

" Yeah I would" Barney said and then we all broke out laughing. " Aww big bad Gunnar was led all alone" I said with mock sympathy making him smile as we talked and made fun of each other for another hour or so.

The guys started leaving for their own homes and seprete life's at around midnight. Lee was one of the first to leave since he had to go see this girl by the name of Lacy who Barney told me was his on and off girlfriend.

I ended up being the last person to leave since I didn't have a car but Barney offered to drive me home. I was kind of unhappy that he had leave now even though we had spent almost a complete day together.

When we got to my house that is a stucco house with two stone statue Lions at the door way and cleanly clipped bushes. " Do you want to come in for a drink " I asked him as he walked me to the door of my home. Barney rose a brow shrugging " Sure, you have vodka right?" Barney asked with a smirk on his face and just giggled in a parsley girlish way.

As we entered my house my two cats immediately came running towards me. Did I forget to mention I have cats? " Oh yeah your not allergic to cats are you?" I asked as my cats, Marco and Polo, both started meowing at me as if to ask where the hell have I been, or at least it seemed like they were saying that.

" No I actually used to have a cat " Barney said as he looked down at the Marco, who was a solid white cat that now was rubbing his face on his leg asking to be pet. " Good because if you pet my cats they will love you forever" I said and started walking to my kitchen that had grey marble countertops and wooden cabinets. I had gotten two shot glasses and poured vodka into both.

" You know I think letting you on the team just seems to become a better decision I made all the time " Barney said with the same drunk glint in his eyes that I saw in Gunnar's as he downed the vodka. " Well it's nice to be on a team again" I told him " I've been alone for so long I kind of forgot what a family felt like" I added.

Barney smiled an uncharastically warm smile that like I said, it only seemed to come out when he had drank four or five beers. "Believe me, the entire team, including me, is happy that your with us" Barney said and I nodded in agreement. " Hey I think there's something wrong with your cat" Barney said since Polo had jumped in his lap. " Polo! Get down " I said but the solids black cat just looked at me with that cat look that said " Mm how about NO!".

" You named your cat Polo?" Barney asked with a confused look. " Yeah the white one is Marco and the black one is Polo, their brothers" I explained and Barney nodded. Suddenly I yawned loudly and quickly covered my mouth as I yawned but Barney just smirked softly. " I guess I should get going" He said and I think I saw a small hint of sadness in his eyes. Maybe he didn't want to leave either.

" Ok " I said as we both walked towards the front door " Well good night

Barney " I said looking up at him since he was a lot taller as he looked down at me. " Thanks for the drink " Barney said and then I noticed just how close our noses were.

Then suddenly I was kissing him.