Attitude

I'm having a jam session in my hotel room to put myself in a good mood. I'm Milly-Rocking all over everywhere and my phone buzzes.

"Good morning Shanya, u ok, u done being psycho?"

I stare at the text from Colin. I continue to Milly-Rock around the room debating if I should be petty or not.

"What do you mean 'are u done being psycho?'" I hit send and all too soon I see three dots pop up. I scoff and throw my phone in my bag. I'm ready to get the hell out of this city.

My phone dings but I ignore it and walk to the balcony and stare at the beach in front of me.

Look at all of those happy people enjoying themselves out on the beach. I'm so jealous.

I should've thought this through.

Chasing after Colin was not a good idea.

My phone goes off again and it's from Colin. Again.

"Shanya please talk to me..."

I reply "Talk to ya baby momma being y'all close and shit now."

I shouldn't have hit send.

I see three dots pop up instantly.

"Shanya I don't know who the fuck you think you talkin to but I'm not the one. Let's get that straight right now so you can drop the damn attitude."

Oh hell no. "I really don't give a fuck. Shut the hell up and pacify your whining ass baby momma."

"You think I wanna put up with her when I already got your crazy ass? You can't be replaced and you not going no damn where and watch ya damn mouth. Again. You fuckin psycho."

I think our relationship needs to be spiced up so I continue arguing. "Let me be psycho then. What the hell you gonna do about it? Nothing. Not a damn thing."

"I need to pacify your ass being you wanna act up. I got just the right shit to shut your running ass mouth up. Talking all types of reckless. Fuck you mean?"

Okay daddy. "You ain't got to put up with nothing but your bitch." I type back.

"Never mind her. We talking about you. Don't talk shit with your crybaby ass and not back it up. Sit yo wanna be savage ass down somewhere. We both know you sensitive so don't stunt in my messages."

I don't know if I should be mad or not. This is actually kind of funny. I'm actually speechless.

I jump when I hear someone banging on my door. I roll my eyes and open it up to see Colin looking like he's going to pass out. Good. Wait. How did he know where to find me?

He pushes past me and I snicker as I close the door. I'm childish.

"What the hell you laughing for? I put up with Corrine and her shit for the past three weeks just to get stressed out even more when I see you in a restaurant with another dude."

"I just wanna know how you found out where I was staying?" I say trying to avoid that topic.

"I have my ways. That's not the point. Who the hell was you with last night?" And so it begins.

"You know, this baseball player, from the Marlins..." I say looking everywhere but him.

He steps closer and I step back. It's getting hot in this room.

"He got a name?"

"I had interviewed him earlier that day..." I say stepping back again.

"But I didn't ask what you were doing. I asked did he have a name. Answer me!" I jump back in fear and I feel tears threatening to spill over.