Chapter 9: Problem? Run Away

Winnie's POV:

"Yeah, it's true. I like you a lot, Winnie," Dean tells me. My heart is racing and everything has stopped. Did I hear what I think I did?

He can't like me. I already got things with Neville messed up and I don't need things messed up with Dean too. I have to say something back. I can't keep staring at him like an idiot. I can tell he's growing more and more nervous by the second.

"Dean, do you mean that?"

"I do. Ever since the first time I saw you in catering I knew I had something for you," He confesses. I remember that. The first time we've seen each other. Neville had just left and I confronted him since he was staring at me. That's what led to our match.

Instead of saying anything back, I walk away. Away from the corridor with AJ shouting my name. Away from the arena that's filled of shouting. I get into the car and go back to my hotel room. Heck, it seems like all I know how to do is run. Run away from my problems. I've been doing it my whole life.

After being alone in the room for twenty minutes someone bangs on my door followed by shouting.

"Winnie! Open this damn door!" AJ shouts. I sigh and open the door. She looks pissed off. Can't blame her though. "What the hell was that, Winnie?"

"I don't know! I panicked!" I exclaim tugging at my hair. "All I know how to do is run from my problems!"

"That wasn't a problem! He confessed he likes you! Has feelings for you! I thought you liked him, Win?"

"I told you I don't know if I like him, AJ! That doesn't mean to go pull a stunt like that! I'm sorry, I shouldn't be yelling at you. You were just trying to help," I sink down onto the couch. I still don't know whether I like Dean or not.

"It's alright. Feelings can be confusing sometimes. Especially when you have two guys after you," She sits down beside me patting my back.

"There's stuff I haven't told you. Stuff that almost happened between Dean and I,"

"WHAT?" AJ screams making me jump. "Fucking spill!"

"Dean and I have almost kissed...twice," The last word is barely audible. I look at AJ and her mouth is wide open.

"You bitch! Why didn't you fucking tell me?" I swear the whole floor can hear AJ screaming at me.

"I didn't think too!"

"Why the hell not? You obviously have hidden feelings for him. You just refuse to let them surface," She explains like that's all there is to it.

"AJ that's not it. I have other stuff to worry about other than getting a boyfriend. You know how hard it is to maintain a relationship in the WWE anyway. I don't know how you and Punk do it," I sigh.

"We aren't the perfect couple. We have our moments like everyone else,"

"Well that makes me feel better,"

"Your words are dripping with sarcasm," She rolls her eyes at me.

***

The bar is filled with people. Half the people are drunk and trying to dance while the other half are mingling with friends or flirting with others.

AJ had dragged me here to have fun. Punk, Paige, Dolph, and Natalya are also here. Maybe this won't be so bad.

"Hey guys!" AJ says brightly as we sit down with them. They respond with 'hey.' AJ sits beside Punk while I take an open seat next to Paige.

Swift music is playing, not some rap bullshit. The people on the dance floor are still grinding against each other even though it doesn't go along with the music. What's so fun about grinding your butt on some random guy's junk? Even if he is your boyfriend or friend with benefits it can't be that enjoyable.

"Winnie! Did you hear what I said?" Paige's hand is in my face and I look at her trying to recall what she had said. I don't have a clue though.

"I'm sorry, no I didn't," I feel my face heating up in embarrassment. Luckily no one is paying attention to either of us.

"I said it looks like someone is here for you. Over in the corner of the bar," She simply states then downs two shots. How the hell can she drink so much and not get alcohol poisoning?

I look over in the corner of the bar just like she said, only to have the person I don't want to see right now looking straight back at me. I internally groan standing up and making my way over to them. This should go over well.

"Dean, what are you doing here?" I ask him. He's in his regular blue jeans, black t-shirt, and a leather jacket. His hair is all over the place like he had just gotten out of bed.

"We need to talk. About earlier. You just ran away. Without any explanation,"

"I ran away because I didn't know what to say. I don't know what my feelings are for you. I do know that I just wanna focus on my career right now. Everything is going great. If I can continue to do good in the ring and get good ratings, I'm in line for the divas championship. I don't need some love struck lunatic keeping me behind," As soon as the last sentence leaves my lips, I immediately regret letting them slip out. His face expression is now cold. So cold I have to keep myself from wincing. "Dean, I-"

"No, Winnie, you're right. I'll just hold you back. Let me know when you realize the world doesn't revolve around you!" He sneers then leaves. Leaving me alone in the dark corner. I walk back to the table plopping down beside Paige. AJ gives me a worried look but I give her a small smile to indicate I'm fine.

How did this day end up so badly?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy 2016, lunatics! How's the new year for you going? Now please don't be too mad at me for how this chapter went. Something big is about to happen in the next chapter that will impact the rest of the story.

Here's a new chapter on the first day of 2016. I hope you like it! Please comment and don't forget to vote!