1. Where the Trouble Began...

Thrice Upon a Time...

the epic tale of three fairytale princesses twisted to the extreme

Rapunzel's Tale:

Rapunzel was sitting in front of her iMac one beautiful sunny day. The light summer breeze played with her long, thick, gorgeous hair which was wound around and around her legs, acting as an efficient leg-warmer.

Blue birds tweeted innocently, perching softly on Rapunzel's windowsill. Freshly cut flowers were arranged beside her silky bed, and a giant mirror sat opposite it.

Rapunzel's nimble fingers flittered across her keyboard as she typed in her own name on Google. She was curious as to what the internet claimed of her, and, really, she truly couldn't resist.

The shiny white door of her bedroom suddenly swung open, and her mother, a pretty, weary, dark-haired woman in her forties tottered in. "Rapunzel---" the woman began, but Rapunzel interrupted.

"For GOD'S SAKE, why the HELL did you name me after a FIELD SALAD, HAG??" Rapunzel snapped, rolling her big green eyes and putting her dainty hands on her thin waist.

"Um...about that, Rapunzel---"

"DO YOU KNOW HOW LAME THIS IS?? I mean, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL if YOUR parents named you CABBAGE?? O-or LETTUCE?? You're such a TWIT you bastard of a---"

"SHUT THE HELL UP YOU...you...YOU...YOU...BLAUURGH!!!" her mother howled, hurling a couple of cushions that were resting on Rapunzel's bed at her. Naturally she missed, taking down the singing bluebirds instead.

Her mother took a few cleansing breaths, and then quickly resumed her composture. "Rapunzel, there's a guest waiting downstairs."

"Do I look like I CARE??" Rapunzel spat, imagining herself lassoing her mother with her hair and strangling her to death.

"I certainly hope so." her mother sighed. Rapunzel was such a troublesome child. Actually, scratch that. Rapunzel was a horrific, snobby, snooty, selfish little brat.

Rapunzel snorted. "Whaaatever." Her mother was such a loser.

Rapunzel threw on a knitted purple cardi and flounced down the stairs, her long trail of hair bouncing after her. She leaped onto the railings and slid to the bottom, landing perfectly on her feet.

A tall, beautiful woman was standing in the kitchen, nibbling thoughtfully at a piece of lettuce. She had glorious black hair and piercing blue eyes.

When the woman spotted Rapunzel, she dropped the lettuce abruptly and clicked over to Rapunzel in pencil-thin stilettos.

"Rapunzel!" the woman cried sweetly, her red lips curling up in a delighted, sly smile. "It's so good to see you again." she threaded her fingers through Rapunzel's hair and examined it carefully. "Beautiful." she murmured. The woman turned and beamed at Rapunzel. "My, my, you've grown into such a beautiful young lady! I am sure that boys are swooning at your feet this very moment!"

Rapunzel slapped the woman's hand away and screwed up her pretty little nose. "Whatta hell are you ON, woman?"

The woman looked taken-aback. "I-I'm sorry??"

"You BETTER be." Rapunzel turned around, purposely whacking her hair into the woman's face. She was about to stomp up the stairs and complain to her mother of the weird woman when suddenly her bedroom door opened and two bags filled to the brim tumbled out.

Her mother stood at the top of the stairs, her eyes bright and wild. "R-Rapunzel! I-I've packed  your bags for you!" Rapunzel stood and glared at her mother, confused. Packed for WHAT?