All My Fault

Dear Pineapple Pals,

  Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a wonderful day and got all the presents they wanted. And to all of you who don't celebrate Christmas, I would like to wish you happy holidays! I got a jar of dirt for Christmas and it's probably one of my favorite presents. Yes, I am excited over a jar of dirt. But hey, now I get to run around and sing "I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it!" Hoping you all know what that is from. If not, go look it up.

  Anyways, I was going to try and make this story the Christmas chapter where they all go home but I couldn't see how I could do that. So, their Christmas vacation chapter is going to have to wait. However, because it is Christmas I will give you the next chapter to the story. So, here it is. I hope you all like!

Love always,

KyoSilvaria
____________________________________________________

Albus

  Midnight. Or was it later?

  I lost track of time a few hours ago as I was curled up on my bed, my cheeks stained with tear streaks. I stared unblinkingly up at the ceiling of my dorm room, the tears having stopped flowing a long time ago. It was almost like all the tears had dried up and I was no longer able to cry.

  Everyone else was asleep around me, I could hear the soft snores and breathing of my dorm mates. I could hear the sound of rustling as the person beside me rolled over in his sleep. I was the only one awake.

  I couldn't close my eyes. Every time I did I could see Elizabeth's face as she struggled to breath. I could see the fear in her eyes, the blue tint of her red lips. I could feel her throat in my hands and her limp body in my arms. I could see her lifeless body falling towards the Black Lake, disappearing forever.

  She would never get a proper burial. Her parents would never be able to say goodbye. No one would know what happened to her. It would be nothing but guessing an unanswered questions. All because of me. Only I would know what happened to her. Her death would forever be my fault.

  I don't even know why I did it. I don't understand why I wrapped my hands around her beautiful pale throat. Sure, I was angry but that didn't mean I had any right to take her life. She was so beautiful. She was so full of life and energy, she could put a smile on anyone's face.

  I loved her so much.

  The tears started falling don my cheeks again and I rolled onto my stomach to bury my face into a pillow, letting it muffle the crying.

  Why was I such an idiot?

  I should have just let her go. Let her be happy with someone else. Now she'll never be happy with anyone. She will never have kids. She will never get married. She will never become a writer. She will never graduate from Hogwarts. She will never get to know the life she should have. 

  It will be all my fault.

  I didn't fall asleep. I just spent the night staring at my ceiling. When my alarm went off in the morning I struggled to get out of bed. My body felt heavy and numb as I struggled to get dressed and ready for the day.

  The day went by in a blur. I didn't speak to anyone, didn't look at anyone. I kept to myself and pretended like everything was normal.

 I was at dinner looking at my plate, my fork stabbing at the food with no intention of eating when James approached me.

  "Hey, Al, have you seen Demon at all today?"

  I shook my head and didn't look up from my plate as I did. "No."

  "Well, no ones seen her today. Do you know if maybe she's sick?" James asked me.

  I shook my head again, "No."

  I heard James sighed as he took a seat next to me, "Hey, is everything okay, Al?"

  "Fine."

  "You sure?"

  I nodded, "Fine."

  "Al, please don't lie to me."

  I finally looked up and scowled at my brother before standing up. "I said, I'm fine. Now leave me alone."

  I walked away and left the Great Hall before heading back to my dorm.

The next few days went by in a blur. Demon was still missing and by now the whole school was searching for not only Demon but Elizabeth as well. I passed through the halls like another one of Hogwarts ghosts. James and Lily both tried talking to me to see if I knew where Demon was but they soon grew irritated with my one word answers.

  By Friday, Chris finally approached me.

  "Where is she, Albus?"

  I looked at my ex best friend confused, "Where's who?"

  "Elizabeth. I know you were the last one to see her. Where is she?"

  I looked away from him and shook my head. "I've no clue. She left after she told me she wished she never met me."

  Chris sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "Look, man, I'm sorry she said that to you but we're all worried about her. If you know where she is, please tell us."

  "How would I know where she is, Chris? You are her boyfriend, shouldn't you know where she is."

  "Yeah, about that." I looked at Chris who was scratching the back of his head nervously. "The night she went to talk to you, I had ended it with her. Ever since we came back from summer break things between her and I changed."

  "What do you mean they changed?"

  "To be honest, I don't know why. I asked Elizabeth about it but she never answered me. Always said it was in my head. However, I have my suspicions it was you."

  I shook my head a bit confused, "Me?"

  He nodded, "Yeah. She loves you, Al. She always has."

  "You're wrong." I looked down at the floor and sighed. "That night she told me she hated me."

  "You probably said something that upset her. You know how she is." Chris shrugged as he looked up at the ceiling.

  I sighed, "I do. The last time I saw her she was heading towards the cliffs over the Black Lake. She wanted time to herself to think. What she did after that I don't know."

  Chris nodded before gently clasping my shoulder with his hand, "Everything will be figured out. I just hope she's okay. I hope you're okay too, Albus. I hope one day we can be friends again."

  Chris left me alone after that. I sat there and thought over our conversation. If what he said was true than that means-

  I shook my head and buried my face in my hands.

  It was all my fault.