Prologue - Damn that Knight in Shining Armor!

Prologue – Damn that Knight in Shining Armor!

Why are the heroes in stories always the knights in shining armor, vanquishing the darkness from this world?

Has no one ever stopped to think of how this “darkness,” say, a demon Lord, felt?

Well, let me tell you, we have feelings too!

Did you think we would just idly stand by as our names are defamed just because we don’t enjoy waltzing in the sun, saving damsels in distress, riding white horses and slaying poor, poor dragons?

Let me tell you, dragons are actually very good pets! Very loyal too. If you tell them: “Protect the castle, and don’t let anyone uninvited through!” no one will go through!

Though it is very troublesome having to clean up the pile of ashes that accumulate, making it very hard to keep a beautiful, luscious garden, causing even more misunderstanding as to my taste...

Let me use this opportunity to get this out! Being a demon Lord does not mean I like dirty, dusty, cobweb filled castles surrounded by dead nature! If you cared to look past the sadly dead garden and the very obedient pet dragon, and actually entered the castle, you would notice my impeccable taste in décor! I am very much proud of it and- we are getting off track. Ahem! Where was I?

Right! So, enough with those corny stories with knights in shining armor on their damned white horses! This is a story of how a flower girl became the demon Lord. This is my story!

And…I’m sorry if I’ve been rude until now…would you please read it?