Paper Plane

Note :  Ang dami palang misplaced words at typo dun sa Prisoner. :v Fok. Ieedit ko 'yun maya or bukas.

~Paper Plane~

B Y U N  B A E K H Y U N

I'm Byun Baekhyun. I'm caged inside this white place. I'm not like him but I can say that we're in the same situation. The only difference is.. I can go and see him. 

Everyday, I slip out of the hospital to see him. To go where my dad works. I always bring my blue veil with me.  I know.. dad.. he's going to scold me again after this but I really want to see him everyday. I always feel comfortable. I feel okay whenever I see him. 

When I got there, I threw the paper plane like I always did. He caught it his hands again. I smiled when he looked at me. Even though I don't want to see him in that state, he's always like that, I'm trying my best to smile at him. I pretend to be strong, even though I'm not. 

When he already tossed his reply, I looked at him to wave my hand and mouth goodbye. He also did the same. I smiled then walked away. When I got in the hospital again, I sighed in relief. Father is not here, fortunate me.

I went to my bed and folded my veil and laid it on the small table by the side of my bed. I unfolded the paper. I felt myself blush while reading. So, this is what people call love.

I almost jumped out of the bed when I heard Father who opened the door with a loud bang. "I told you already. You can't go see him again!" He shouted then took the paper from me. "Father! No!" I begged but he crumpled it. 

"How many time do I have to tell you, Baekhyun?!  You only have months to live! The doctors said that they will try but you're the one who's getting yourself in trouble!" Then he threw the paper on the bed before storming out. I reached for the paper. The paper that gave me strength, that gave me the reason to fight, to live everyday and see him.

But, Father said I can't go to see him again. If I only have months to live, why is he saying that I can't do what I love to do? Why can't I spend the last months and breaths I have doing what I want to do? Why can't at least see what I want to see? I couldn't understand why. 

His existence is meaningful enough to give me a reason to live. I can see my future glittering in this room that even the sunlight can't enter. 

The number of tubes is increasing day by day. Makes it harder to hear sounds around me. I can't walk like I used to. If I can't get out of here alive, I hope to see you again one time. I sat up and looked at the syringe which is covered with small piece of cotton. I touched it and took a deep breath before removing it from connecting me to the dextrose.