Headaches ; Bokuto Koutarou

You were supposed to tell him about it.

The headaches.

But you being you, the stubborn person you are, the one who didn't like making people worry, you kept it to yourself.

It started with the dizziness— it happened in that day when he went to your place without a warning, sobbing his eyes out and hugging you for dear life. He lost a match that time, but you didn't go to watch him since you told him you were supposed to do some paperwork.

Way before he barged in to your place, you did nothing but groan in pain and rub your temples as you felt a sensation in your head. You were lying down the living room couch and you couldn't even get up. How puny.

Of course, you first shrugged it off, that was you. You don't take those kinds of moments too seriously. They were only headaches, after all.

Then he was there, doing what you wanted to do— sobbing his eyes out. Apparently he had lost a match because of him not being able to spike properly. So you practically embraced him all night, while he was releasing sadness from his eyes. It made your head feel worse, but you knew how to make things not obvious.

And so here you were, in a restroom cubicle, while he was in the court playing for a championship. He'd looked forward to this day, since if his team won, he would be able to fight for the nationals. (I know nothing about these things please don't attack me)

"Not now," You muttered to yourself, taking deep breaths and running your fingers down your hair. You were sweating, but you were cold at the same time.

And it hurts.

Damn it hurts.

It felt like your head was under a hell lot of pressure— like every cell being compressed together that even the farthest parts from your brain couldn't function properly and your eyelids were burning like oil set on fire, and you couldn't feel the oxygen you were taking in even though your breaths were deeper than oceans of far away places— and it hurts, it hurts— it hurts.

"S-Stop," You were shaking, hands on your head, still.

You felt nothing but pain.

Like every word you remembered from your whole life faded away,

"I love you! Get enough rest, okay?"

Every moment,

"I'll always protect you, you hear? I won't let any douche get near you."

Every mile you've traveled,

"I'll drive you to anywhere you want, even if it meant spending too much for gas. I just really want to be with you!"

Every single thing,

"Before we first met, I felt like.. I felt I was a desert— empty, you know? Like, I longed for something.. something that will make me feel.. something, I guess? Like a cold sensation to make sure I wasn't numb, t-then.. then you were there.

You were my rain."

Was gone.

And your head was empty, like.. like him before he met you.