Fireworks ; Iwaizumi Hajime

( a/n: au where you're scared of fireworks (↼‶) )

New Year's.

You hated it.

It's not that you didn't want the previous year to end, nor you didn't like going to your relatives' places where you don't know half of the people, it's just..

You have this thing where you're kind of.. scared of fireworks.

It's pretty odd, to be honest, since almost everyone loved seeing the night sky filled with bright colors and hearing the loud sound each of them make as they fly to the sky.

It's not that you were scared of the colors, it's just the sounds they make when they practically pop in the sky, it's startling.

And Iwaizumi knew what's with fireworks and you.

You were under your besheets with your pillow over your head when you heard your phone's ringtone.

From: Hajime (•̀•́)و ̑̑
Happy new year!! Want me to come over? :D

To: Hajime (•̀•́)و ̑̑
Please (/□*)・゜

From: Hajime (•̀•́)و ̑̑
Wait up just a bit (ˇˇ)

The fireworks were scaring the hell out of you.

You were not one of those people who were used to loud sounds— or noise, rather— and considered them as something, well, natural. You hated loud sounds, especially when they come out suddenly.

So everytime it was stormy, and thunder filled your nights and you couldn't sleep, Iwaizumi would come over to try to calm you down. And during New Year's, he runs to you to make sure you weren't panicking, and if you were, he'd let you cry on his shirt— it was usual to him now. He did it way back in middle school, after all.

No more than ten minutes later, your phone buzzed again.

From: Hajime (•̀•́)و ̑̑
Been knocking for two minutes now (_ _).oO

You got up from your bed and flinched as you heard another set of fireworks go off. Your mouth formed waves.

"H-Hajime!" You were practically hyperventilating. You ran to the front door and opened it, running to him and burying your face to his chest. He chuckled.

"There you go again with your weird fears," He wrapped his arms around you.

"They're not weird!" You huffed, pulling away from him. "They're just—"

You were interrupted by more fireworks going off. You squealed.

Iwaizumi sighed. "Let's go to your room."

"I feel like crying," You sniffed. "It's so noisy,"

"Mm," Iwaizumi hummed, reaching for your hand and intertwining his fingers with yours. "Let's head up. I don't want you crying like last year."

"I-I didn't cry last year!" You protested.

"You were literally all over me on the couch and crying on my shirt for dear life. Well, I guess you really didn't." Iwaizumi said sarcastically.

"You're so harsh," You pouted.

Iwaizumi chuckled, opening the door to your room.

He sat down at the end of the bed, making you sit beside him. He ran his fingers down your hair, causing you to blush slightly.

You were startled once again by the sounds of the fireworks. You shut your eyes and covered your ears. Iwaizumi laughed quietly, wrapping his arms around you and pushing your body down to the bedsheets with his.

"It's kind of weird how you're scared of fireworks, you know," he mumbled against the crook of your neck. You turned around and faced him.

"They're just really scary," You said quietly. "Like, I don't know how they scare me but.. i-it's just.. they're scary."

"You've said 'scary' at least five times now," He laughed.

"But they are," You pouted, burying your face against his chest as you heard fireworks again. When will this end?

Iwaizumi's arms wrapped around you even tighter.

"You're so cute," He mumbled incoherently, heat spreading all over his cheeks.

"Hmm?" You looked up to him with half-lidded eyes.

"Nothing," He said, kissing your forehead. You buried your face to his chest once again to hide your red-tinted cheeks.

Iwaizumi smiled at your actions.

"Good night," He mumbled against your hair. "Happy new year,"

Fireworks.

You didn't answer for a few seconds.

"H-Happy new year, Hajime," You stammered. "I hope the fireworks won't burn me in my sleep,"

"They won't," Iwaizumi chuckled.

"You're in my arms, after all."

-:-:-:-

iT'S 3:07 AMmmMM M
IT'S JANUARY 2NDHERE ALREADY BUT

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I WANNA THANK YALL FOR 2K READS AND OVER 200 VOTES LIKE
HOLY SHRTIR
YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING
Like, not only my fav writers inspire me, but yOU GUYS MY PRECIOUS BABY READERS INSPIRE ME TOO LIKE
wOWh
I FEEL THE LOVE GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH IM
Also, have a bit of my bby iwa-chan I love him os mcuhc please protect him (or he'll protect us rather since lOOK AT THEM BICEPS MMM)
I feel like this kind of suck tho omg

ALSOOOO Please go check out my precious child radiesthesia , sHES SO AKSJSJSSJJS 10/10 SINS

Ok but 1k reads still doesnt sink in to me and now 2k???? BSGDHEHDHED

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH

I'VE TYPED IN CAPS TOO MUCH

GOTTA BLAST

Sooooo much love,
Ice

PS. Can't stop yawning. I should probably sleep (_ _)
Tell me if there are typos yall lmao

↯↯↯

Let's talk !

twitter ; arcticghouls
vine ; ice
osu! ; ice-chan