Quite a gathering

Laurel was taken aback when Arlene took her in her arms. Running to squeeze Laurel tightly as she gasped with surprise. Laurel was relieved to see Arlene safe and sound. She wanted her to meet her favorite character, to meet Achilles and the mystery man. She wanted to tell her what she has been through in only a day. Laurel would have to wait when Arlene felt safe once again.

"I thought you were dead." Arlene sobbed, "I'm sorry Laurel, I'm so sorry."

Laurel stroked Arlene's curly hair back, feeling her shoulder smeared with tears. She felt ashamed for leaving them on their own like that. It wasn't their fault but her own. For now on she knew better than to run off like that. Laurel promised that it would be the last time that she would make Arlene feel abandoned. It crushed her heart knowing that she had caused this. She wanted Arlene to have the best she could have for now on. She would swear to protect her like if she were her little sister.

"It's okay, I'm not going anywhere." Laurel assured, "your safe now."

"There's no way that it's Laurel" John hiccuped.

Laurel had seen John in worse conditions than this. It didn't surprise her that he will behave this drunk. She was surprised that he had chosen to be this way at the very moment. Of course John had his days, most of them he tried to deal with  on his own. He would have a distant gaze about him for days on end. There wasn't much to tell of his life, it's something that he would keep hidden.

It wasn't after they met Arline did he became different. Arlene had to coax him out of his nightmares. She would be like a human drug that kept him from reaching the clouds. She did it effortlessly, skilled than Laurel ever was to keep him steady. Only this wasn't enough to help him now.

Seeing him now with a distant look in his eyes, she wondered what he has done when she wasn't there. John was on his feet, wobbling his legs for balance. Arlene hooked her arm in Laurels, keeping her close as if at any moment she would disappear. She had brushed her tears, keeping her chin up in an encouraged gesture.

Analyzing the ex- templar's, Connor distanced himself, being a few steps back. Laurel felt his eyes on her. Gently, Laurel unhooked Arlene's arms form hers. Arlene was struck with panic when Laurel did that. She held on to Laurels hands afterwards. Assuring her that it will be alright, Laurel made her way over to John. She glanced back at Connor for a second. Feeling pressured brings out the worst in her, making her do things that she would never abruptly do. For example, pushing Arline in her time of need when she meant to comfort her.

"What happened to you John?" Laurel asked, she brushed his blonde hair back from his face. He didn't make a move to slap her hand away. He didn't acknowledge the fact that she's there, safe and in the presence of The Connor Kenway. There was not a chance that Laurel would hug him. The way he was, filthy and reeking of bad odor, it was no use to be grandma like with him. Laurel smiled expectantly at John to say something.

"John-."

"Are you still mad at us? Or did it pass when you found this guy dressed as Connor?" John hiccuped once more. He had a tinted smile that could make anyone look away in disgust.

"John this isn't the 21st century this is real history. What we talked about earlier, do you remember that." Laurel said defensively.

John stared blankly at Laurel, and then he stood up from the bench. Laurel eyed him curiously as he made his way to the assassin. Arlene went over to be under the care of Laurel. Only John had no interest in picking on Arlene. He stopped a few feet in front from the assassin. Connor cautiously held his hand above his small hunting knife. In case he needed to use it. There was no need for that; John nodded once, turning his head to give his approval to Laurel.