I thought you were gone.

Back at the homestead Laurel thought over her Templars necklace. The one she had to give to Connor to prove she would be willing to aid them. In truth, she loved it.

It was 20 dollars at Hot Topic! How will Connor pay back for such a necklace!?

She had sat down on one of the wooden railings, her glare aimed towards Connors back.

Your lucky I love your jawline and cute brown eyes, asshole.

Peter and Connor were preparing the horses to pull on the carriage. In a few minutes they will be on their way to Boston for their supplies and Laurel's friends. Assuming if they have the whole day, it would take hours to find them.

Laurel sighed at the loss of a necklace she would have to work her way back on. Either way she didn't want to think about it. It wasn't difficult when Achilles stood near. As a matter of fact, he stood next to her way before she even realized it.

"What you are doing for the Assassins takes courage, young lady. Judging by what you have told us, the Templars aren't sensitive to taking in new recruits. " Achilles said, "They do not kidnap young ones, how is it that you were captured?"

Laurel eyed him curiously; this man didn't take her reasons as truths. He needed more to believe in something he was being told. Laurel hopped down from the rails when Connor had the carriage ready with Peter sitting in the front.

"I'm... a philosopher and... scholar. I tend to know things before hey happen. Like a sixth sense." Laurel said, "I will see fit that my friends are not much of a hassle for you, sir."

Laurel was off, leaving Achilles behind in the spot she found him. She could see him eyeing her for some time before the carriage disappeared into the forest. Peter and Connor sat in the front of the carriage while Laurel sat inside. Feeling trapped in a small space once again. Though there were windows that let in a cool breeze. She relaxed her tense muscles, sitting back down on the seat. Neither Connor nor Peter talked, unless they did, she didn't hear them as the horses hooves galloped to Boston.

She acknowledged the differences between home and the past. Nature was everywhere. Which is not much that she can say about the present. Birds, deer, wild bunnies, and all types of insects roamed the place. To sum it up, it was beautiful.  The only time she would see this much of the wilderness was when she would go camping. Only that experience was awful; bird dung and trash littered everywhere.

However,  everything was calm here, she felt calm. Admiring everything surrounding her. This is what it feels to be at peace. If she could, she would live here.

                                                                                    ---------------------

The streets were littered with vendors and people, lot of people. The noise was unbearable as was the mess.

Laurel yawned, stretching her arms as she noticed the carriage has stopped. Laurel figured she fell asleep on the way here. Connor stood talking with Peter, handing him a list of things to buy. Peter nodded once, tucking the note into his pockets. He turned to look at Laurel,  smiling at her before retreating into a sea of people.

Connor went back to the carriage, relieved to see her up; he didn't want to wake her up himself. A task he couldn't manage to do for an assassin. Laurel climbed out of the carriage, closing the door behind her as she fixed her braids. Connor crossed his arms, facing Laurel in a distant manner.

"We need to find my friends." Laurel stated the obvious after an awkward silence.

"Do you know where they could be? A place they would rest for most of the time?" Connor suggested.