United

"Your friend better be drunk for this." Peter said, aghast at what he will have to go through to take out the arrow from John's arm.

"He isn't an alcoholic, at least tried not to be. Trust me he's stronger than he looks." Laurel wheezed, her tiny jogs always a few feet away from Peters.

....

A few yards away from the stables, Myriam was retrieving her gun from her pouch. Bewildered and confusion written on her face. John sat on the ground with his hands pressed on his wounded arm. His agonizing cry stopping Laurel in her tracks.

"Put your weapon down, it was Laurel who shot the arrow by accident." Peter informed Myriam.

"Out of all the days..." Myriam breathed out as she put the gun away.

Everyone was gathered around John,  Arlene looked like she was about to throw up, her skin turning a pale green color.

"Myriam do you have alcohol in that bag of yours?" Peter asked, getting an unused cloth from his pockets.

"What can I do to help?" Laurel leaned a bit forward until Peter narrowed his eyebrows at her. Not a friendly edge on his face as Mryiam handed over the small bottle.

"You've done enough."

"But I can-"

"Laurel, hang back, Ok?" Arlene softly said as she gently took her friend away from the scene. John muttered curse words under his breath as Peter swiftly took out the arrow.

In one word, Laurel felt terrible. There was a queasy feeling  in her stomach as she waited a few feet away with Arlene, a hand placed reassuringly on her best friends shoulder. Its been a few minutes with John holding back cries of pain. Groaning and wincing from how his blood trickled down like water falling swiftly down a cool glass of lemonade.She thought of fetching John a cup of water until he took a swig of the alcohol used to disinfect his wound.

"Alright lets take him up to his room." Peter instructed, placing John's good arm over his shoulder as Myriam helped him up. Trailing behind them to make sure he wont fall.

"He's going to need stitches, do you think you can help with that?"

"Aye, years of being on my own have taught me enough."

Now there seemed like there was nothing Laurel can do for her friend. For the first time since being inside the game she felt hopeless. No matter how easy it was to drive or work at a Denny's, nothing could beat the fact that lifes simplest task's as to survive were not amongst her. For once she wanted to cry from how pathetic she felt.

"If it makes you feel any better, I would have shot someone on accident too if I went first." Arlene piped up, "I would have shot Peter, see if he can stitch up his own wound."

Laurel tried to raise a chuckle up her throat but she couldn't. Even faking it has no use anymore. She felt more screwed up than someone getting pricked by a porcupine. She felt herself sink in to the ground, wanting nothing more but to disappear.

"I feel like shit."

"Oh yeah... I know."

"Thanks for trying to cheer me up, but I don't think I'll hear the end of this."

Connor is only a few miles out of the Homestead Manor. With him is Samuel Addams, the leader of the Sons of Liberty, as they are on their way to discuss about William Johnson's plans to take over Connor's native land. While within the Manor, someone would be more than happy to see their mentor again.

Being on his own with three careless ex-templars is making him a bit nervous. He wasn't sure what mess they would cause next. Maybe they would even go as far as burn down half the stables. Peter sat in the kitchen with his thoughts as Myriam came back from giving the girls the clothing she promised to give them. She noticed with a reluctant glance that she needed to say something. Though it seemed clear that he wanted to be left alone.