Time for a recap

This chapter is pretty long, but who gives a hoot when you love reading. Lol , enjoy

.Laurel watched as Peter opened the door to the carriage. Connor had already dropped John in one of the seats, his mouth hanged opened with saliva dripping down the fabric. Rolling her eyes, Laurel let Arlene in first. She wanted to avoid Peter as best as she could from Arlene. Part of her wished she wasn't so overprotective then another part of her want's to puff her chest out like a mother bear defending her cubs.

There's only one thing for her to remember. Arlene is not a little girl.

"What's wrong with him?" Peter asked.

"He's hungover." Arlene said before Laurel could have a chance to explain. Peter was still confused as before, closing the door without asking anything further. Laurel gave her a glare to which Connor started the horses to leave.

"I don't think they know what 'hungover' even means." Laurel muttered.

"Sorry." Arlene grumbled, "The time gap is just so unreal, how am I supposed to know which words to use?"

"I guess we can only tell them it's our slang words in Europe." Giving it a shrug Laurel looked back at John.

They let him take up the whole seat on one part as both Arlene and Laurel sat together. Both looking out their windows. Though Laurel couldn't keep her sight away from John. It wasn't like him at all to do something immature with Arlene around. He was supposed to keep her safe. Laurel couldn't help but blame herself for leaving in the first place. None of this wouldn't have happened if she had kept her cool.

Sighing, Laurel brushed John's hair away from his eyes. Deep down he's a lost little boy. His eyelids twitched every few seconds as the carriage bobbed his body up and down from the small bumps on the road. He looked like a little kid laying down in the back of the car after a long day. All he's missing is the chubby cheeks and comforting parent's in the front.

"Did he drink yesterday too?" Laurel asked.

Arlene crossed her arms feeling the misshapen of last night. The night Laurel wasn't there to see how John really is.

"No, but he did act the way he did today." Arlene answered.

Pressing her lips, Laurel thought over what to say. She wanted John awake to talk about what needs to be done first. Laurel didn't want to be stuck in a game series. Gun's, war, injustice left and right, this was not something she didn't want to be a part of. Only Arlene saw it differently.

"I don't get how we didn't see Haytham or any of the other Templar's around here." Arlene said.

"Were in the sequence when Connor get's called on to help his people from being sold to William Johnson." Laurel said, she got close to Arlene to not have any gap between them.

"You mean were near the Boston Tea party?" Something twinkled in Arlene's eye that astonished Laurel.

Nodding her head, Laurel looked at Arlene's gaping smile. Sensing this, Arlene recovered from her little fan-girl moment. Only she couldn't hide the twinkle in her eyes. For some reason it was thrilling for Arlene to see history form before her eyes. For Laurel, it wasn't.

"Were near the Boston Tea Party, though I don't know how we can get back home." Laurel said, "Unless we should help or do something that would bring us back to the real world."

"So if we die here, does this mean we get to revive ourselves?" Arlene asked.

"I'm not sure about that. But I wouldn't want to test it out." Laurel said.