Laurels search party

hola guys! so this was something that happened o.o leave a like and or comment if you enjoyed reading it, it helps a lot and i'll leave you alone now :3

John stalked ahead after he thought it safe for Laurel to be in his presence. After thinking of the many ways to get back at her for their heated argument, Arlene snapped it out of him. She made him realize that its not safe to be a prankster at a place like this. After Arlene recharged her  point of view of the place, Boston was as real and serious as ever in the 1800's

"Get a move on Arlene, just across that hill and in the barn," John said, "at least Laurel didn't point out a gutter in the streets."

Arlene rolled her eyes at his stubbornness. Keeping up with his pace, Arlene wondered if Laurel would forgive how naive she was. She would promise to be light on her feet and cunning when needed. She won't let her incident from earlier happen again, Arlene didn't want to feel vulnerable.

After climbing up the grassy hill and pass goats that were resting on the cool surface, they sighed in comfort. A nice cool barn with a stack of hay to rest in was enough for them. 

"This is better than nothing at all." Arlene said, with a sour look on her face.

"Aw whats the matter? The smell to much for you after what you carried with you in your shoes." John snickered as Arlene slid her shoes back and forth on the ground to get rid of the manure from earlier.

"The animals at the zoo will miss you scrapping their crap off their ass." Arlene said.

"I should call in and tell my boss I'm back in time huh?"

John slowly opened the door to the barn, glancing back at the house for the owners. Looking for any signs of  someone waking up. When not a lantern was lit John rushed Arlene inside. John closed the door behind them as he whirled around. The soft tusks and moans of the barn animals soundlessly sleeping were unusual to them.

Arlene searched for a familiar face resting on top of a hay. Closing in on the person, she realized that it was a rake with a shawl on top. John looked somewhere else from the barn. Looking left and right, whispering her name but she never showed up.

"She said she was going to be here." Arlene panicked, "do you think she's in trouble?"

John sat himself on a bucket laying upside down. Hands on his face as he let out a sigh. She should be fine, he thought, Laurel said so herself. John looked up when he heard the door squeaking open. Arlene stood outside, leaving the barn in search for her best friend.

"Are you kidding me!" John hissed, standing up in a flash to bring her back inside the barn.

Outside Arlene turned a corner hoping to spot Laurel. It didn't feel right for Laurel to be gone for a long time. She wanted to find her and apologize this instant. To prove that she's not a little girl anymore. As far as the hill went on she couldn't find her. She began to think the worst when John surprised her; taking her by the arm as she yelped.

John shushed her aggravated with a sleepless look. Circles were beginning to form under his eyes. Arlene staid silent, massaging her arm from Johns tug.

"Get a grip, Laurel's somewhere taking a walk. It what she always does when she gets mad. Just- let's go back inside, please" John sighed, he noticed her change of perspective of him. Of how she saw him as a murderer filled with rage. He didn't want to be this way. He couldn't help it, fatigued and worn out were controlling his senses.

It began to worsen when Arlene's words struck him.

"Laurel would've done the same for me, would you?" She said sternly.