Training

"An arrow to the arm. Yep, I guess you can say I'm a fierce soldier." John coyly said.

It was only yesterday that Laurel had accidentally hurt John with her archery skills. With a new, fresh morning John seemed more spirited to begin the day. Arlene and John were waiting outside the girls room for Laurel to get ready.

"Oh yes. Whatever would we do without you to protect us?" Arlene said drily. She pinched his wounded arm before he said anything else. Yelping he flicked her hand away, massaging his arm as he scowled at her grinning face.

"What's the matter fierce soldier? Is a tiny person like me to much for you to handle?" She teased.

"It's always the tiny things that hurt the most!" He gritted, turning his back on her.
"Laurel! Are you almost done! Peter said we  had to meet him by the river after we got our gear! He said something about-"

"I know what he said! I can practically hear him through these walls! This house feels like it has mic's all around." Laurel huffed.

The group of friends were dressed in a much better state then from how they entered the game. Laurel was glad enough that Mryiam had given her and Arlene the clothes they needed to fit in. After a while she felt like a clown in her cosplay outfit. To think that before they entered the game they were about to go to Comic Con. This was a much more confusing and challenging place to be.

"Ok so have any of y'all seen or heard from Connor since yesterday?" Laurel asked, arms crossed.

Her friends gave her a shake of their heads with a shrug to end their answer.

"Don't y'all think it's kind of odd?" She asked.

"Well Connor is a busy guy. From what I can remember this sequence is about him going under the tunnels with John Adams and after that they infiltrate the ships where the tea is being exported." Informed Arlene.

"Are you sure that's what's happening today? Is it today? Because if it is, we have to be there, how can we miss out?" John exclaimed with raised arms before he groaned. His right arm still fresh with pain.

" I think we have to follow Connor through every gameplay. I mean think about it, Arlene had been playing this game at this exact sequence passing every part. If we pass every sequence with Connor then we might have a shot at getting out the game."

"So your saying that with every level we pass it's our only shot of ending the game and we're out of here?" John asked.

"Our only chance is to win." Arlene thought out loud, her eyes glowing with realization, "I can't believe it took us forever to get it."

"But what if this way is not the way out? What if we need to find some loop hole. Some door or a part of the game to get out?" Laurel said, easing her questions up in the air.

"Your doing your "what if's" again." John sing- sanged.

"She's right. There are so many possibilities that our only chance of ever getting out of here is to try all of them." Arlene said, " Except dying, because that would be a horrible way to go."

"You think?" John huffed.

There was a moment of silence between them. Everything was too much for them to think out loud. Standing outside the girls room , they each pondered on what their next move should be.