Taken by surprise

Heres the next chapter and dont forget to vote and or leave a comment. It helps out a lot and i'll see you guys later. n_n

They walked  farther in Boston. Gaunt  and beaten down, Laurel fought to stay awake, falling behind shortly while her friends had  the active state of a cheetah. Relentless to that of their surroundings as their voices echoed in the streets.

The night was still young, the fight at the bar coming to a close as if there was another event ready to take them by surprise. Laurel winced at the slightest touch of her cheek. She could feel a small bump forming from when the fisherman slapped her. The gruesome events replayed in her mind. It was like a nightmare she couldn't wake from.

She made slow steps behind, John and Arlene as they walked in front, boasting the fight that they contributed in.

Jokingly, but also mocking the others, John and Arlene made fun of the other people left to fend for themselves. Thinking harshly of the men and women that had nothing to do with the fight, but have to fight back to protect themselves. Laurel couldn't believe her friends uncaring behavior.

"And then when you hit the guy with the chair!" John remarked, pretending to throw something down at the floor as he made a combustion noise.

"I don't know what came over me. I was scared and- I don't know, it was all so weird."Arlene said, running a hand through her dark red hair.

John raised his arm around Arlene's shoulders, Laurel chewed on her lip. Fuming at the change of heart from her friends. She has never seen them so cold and hurtful. It pained her that she helped them all this time to be brave. This was beyond brave, this was menacing.

"All we need is a place to stay, I'm beat." John said, as Arlene fake punched John. Their laughter irritated Laurel as she stormed ahead of them. Taking a look around her for a good place to stay.

Beyond the streets and two story houses, Laurel saw the landscape of a farm across a lake. If they can get to it, they can rest in the barn. Only they would have to wake up early before the owners know they're trespassing.

"Hey, we can rest in that barn for the night. It looks..." Laurel scowled while John and Arlene talked among st themselves.

"Hey guys, there's a place. In. Which. We. Can. Stay. The. Night." Laurel said in a monotone voice with no avail to gain their attention.

John and Arlene were in a laughing fit, making fun at a man they called the hood man. Laurel tried to make out who it was they were talking about when she reached deep into her memories. Maybe it was the man wearing  a white hood that saved her life. She covered her face exasperatedly, sighing like a troubled mother.

"Guys I'm pregnant," Laurel said like a preppy school girl, knowing that no one is paying attention to her she said further, "Yup, I don't know who the father is, and I will need you guys to help raise the baby"

By now their laughter subsided, wiping away the tears from a fit they caused. John and Arlene didn't catch a word from what Laurel said. Dumbfounded, they stared at their friend who was loosing her temper.

"Did you say something Laurel?" John asked.

"Holy shit, your face is really bad. You should get it looked at." Arlene advised.

Laurel couldn't take it any longer as she gave her friends a death glare. Seconds later, Laurel groaned in frustration. John and Arlene were taken aback from her short temper tantrum.

"Take it easy, what's gotten into you?" John asked, moving forward to calm her down.

" What are you talking about? I'm perfectly fine, this bruise on my fucking cheek is nothing but a tiny scratch." Laurel replied hotly, " but don't worry about me, act if I'm not even here."