Every ones first time for everything

If there was a clock set up on the wall, Laurel would hear its ticking in her ears, the sound dragging within every moment. If there was a clock hanged up on the wall. It wasn't that she was bored or anything. It was late and she was thinking that John should be back by now. Then again its not like they're driving a car. It'll take a while before they get back.

Achilles's questions were pretty straightforward. The details he wanted didn't so much as scratch the surface of their secret. Laurel was grateful for that, she kept her cool. Not once fidgeting with her skirt or impatiently tapping her foot. No, that was all Arlene.

Every so often Laurel would scowl at her friend to stop her silent banter.

A little bit more, Laurel's eyes read, we're almost done here.

We're not even halfway done here, Arlene eye roll seemed to say.

Sighing, Laurel plastered a thin smile on her face. Achilles not once stopping to catch his breath it seems.

"You say your from the south." Achilles asks.

"Yup, Georgia. That's where I was taken from my home. My foster parents were the only people I considered family until I met Arlene and John."

"Where did you meet them?"

"In Virginia, John and Arlene both. Before we know it we're in Boston in a Templar order."

"Did you ever knew of who the Templar's are?"

"No, not at all. It wasn't till we were in Boston did we start our training, so they said. Charles Lee was our mentor. He talked about the Assassins and how they are the corruption of humanity."

"We kind of figured that if we found the assassins they would help us get away from the Templar's. Only now we are considering helping."

"To help us?"

With this Arlene pipped up, " We know now that the Assassins are more true and honest than the Templar's. They are the ones that treated us harshly and we thought that with training from the assassins and our information we can defeat them."

Arlene slumped down on her chair. Her little speech wearing her out as Achilles mauled over her words.

"It seems that I need to talk this over with Connor. When he returns we will see what we will do with this information. I am sure we will learn a lot more from each other, thank you girls."

Arlene was the first to leave, stretching her arms once she was outside. Laurel followed, yawning from exhaustion. It felt like hours have passed by although she could assume that only an hour went by.

"Finally we're free!" Arlene cheered.

"Not entirely." Laurel said.

Arlene turned to face her with a frown, "Is he going to ask more questions. I don't know how much more I can take."

"I'm saying that because we're still trapped in the game." Laurel explained.

"Trapped? Come on Laurel, we've started off on the wrong foot here but we can make it through." Arlene squeezed Laurels shoulder.

Laurel could see that Arlene wasn't frightened as before. She was more aware of the situation than she let on. The little scare from before must have done something to her. At least it made her realize that she needed to pull her own weight. Laurel guessed that things wouldn't be easier from here on out.

Laurel followed Arlene to the stables, a place they most frequently go to. The horses seemed like the only ones who can understand the girls and their secret. Like if they agreed to keep it as their own. The black horse neighed when the girls appeared. Laurel smiled wide until she saw who was next to him.