Chapter 1: Back on Demeter

It's been about a year since the Battle of Demeter. The IMC and Militia are still hostile to one another, but there hasn't been a lot of battling going on.

===

I was standing at the Crow Ship Dock, waiting to board it, wearing a bit of extra armor to protect us from the radiation that was still down there. We'd be in our Titans for the most part, but we can get out if needed, just not for a long time.

Sarah, Bish, Damian, and Meg came over.

I gave Meg a hug. "You ready sweetheart?"

She nodded. "Of course I am Dad. I... I just kinda want fo find Mom..."

I sighed and put a hand on her shoulder. "Meg, we both do, but we know that the chances of that happening are slim to none."

Meg wipes some tears away. "I know... Let's go."

I nodded, and the five of us boarded the Crow, and went to Demeter.

===

When we landed, all of us immediately called in our Titans. Once we were all settled, I spoke up. "Alright. I'll search near the reactor core. Meg, go with Damian to investigate Hardpoint Alpha. Bish, you take Bravo, and Sarah, you're left with Charlie."

We then went in our respective directions.

When I neared the reactor core, something that surprised me happened. A big blue dot appeared on radar, indicating that there was a friendly Pilot nearby. I looked where the dot was, and it was a pile of rubble. I quickly moved around the rubble, and froze when I uncovered a body. It wasn't just anyone. It was Sarah. I quickly disembarked my Titan, and rushed to her side, where I was once again met with a surprise.

She was still breathing.

I quickly pressed the earpiece, and I was trembling. "G-guys.... Come over to the reactor core. Now."

Bish spoke up. "Michael? What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Just get over here. Comm Meg and bring her along too."

Bish sighed. "Alright. I'll be right over."

While waiting for them to arrive, I took her in as if I had never seen her before. She was just as beautiful as I remember her being a year ago.

Meg and Bish finally arrived, and they quickly disembarked from their Titans.

Meg did a double take when she saw Sarah. "I-is that really Mom?" Meg asked in a very concerned and surprised tone.

I nodded. "Yes, Meg. It is her."

"Is she alright?" Bish asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. She's still breathing... I don't know how she survived."

Bish sighed. "I don't either, but there is one thing I know. We need to get her back to the FMB, and fast."

I nodded. "Right."

===

I was waiting for what seemed like hours, but Damian finally came out and sat next to me. "Michael, I have some good news and some bad news. What do you want to hear first?"

I sighed. "Good news, please."

He nodded. "Of course. The good news is that Sarah will be alright. We think that she somehow used her psychic powers to avoid death, but we are not a hundred percent sure. However, there is bad news like I said. The bad news is that Sarah has developed amnesia."

(A/N- Yo! So that was Chapter 1! Gotta few things I want to say.
1. Hope you all had a.great holiday season and new year!
2. The cover for this book is very special! I made it by hand!
3. I'll update this every day, or at least I'll try to.

That's all for now, so see ya!)