Chapter 18: Learning to Expect the Unexpected

(Michael's POV)

I was reloading into the FMB, having just experienced my first Frontier Defense mission. It was really cool, and a change of pace in fights.

I was going to my room, as I needed to change, hot and sweaty from the battle, when the comm in my ear went off. I pressed it, which answered it. "Hello?"
It was Meg. "Hey Dad. What's up?"
"Not much," I replied walking into my room and shutting the door. "What do you need, sweetheart?"
"Well, Bish told me to tell you to come to the control room once you're done changing. I don't know what it is, but it sounds urgent."
I nodded. "Alright. I love you Meg."
"I love you too, Dad."
I then hung up, and began to change.

I ended up putting on a black tee with the Militia insignia, and a pair of jeans, and made my way to the control room.
Bish was waiting for me. "... I was starting to wonder if were indeed going to show up."
I sighed. "Sorry. I decided I probably needed a shower."
He nodded. "I completely understand. We... We need to contact the IMC."
I looked at him, confused and shocked. "What? Why do we need to contact them?"
He shook his head. "Michael, I think I'll let Lauren explain it to you."

===

I was on the ground, in tears. I was happy, yet sad and extremely worried, all at the same time.
Sarah had been put into a medically induced coma, as something had happened, and the doctors over on the IMC believe it has something to do with Demeter, and I'd have to agree with them. However, the reason I was happy was because we were going to the FMB, and I'd be able to see her for a while. As well as get a bit of revenge on my sister for what she did.

Bish put a hand on my shoulder. "Michael we're leaving in about ten minutes."
I nodded and got up. "Right. I.... Need to get some things from my room. I'll be over to the dock as soon as I'm finished.
Bish nodded. "Of course."

===

I was walking to the dock, having grabbed what I needed, a notebook and pencil. I was going to need to take notes.
As I climbed onto the Crow, Bish looked at me. "A notebook?"
I nodded. "Yeah. I'm going to need to take notes. And probably a lot. I mean, Graves did return to the IMC, and sure he was part of their operations when Sarah was still on their side. I have so many questions I need to ask him."
Bish nodded. "I see."

The Crow then took off, and we were soon within the sight of the IMS Warhog. Close to Sarah. Soon, I'd be seeing her.