Chapter 14: Where is she Going?

(Michael's POV)

I had Bish pull me out of the sim early, as I was starting to feel a bit light-headed. He did a quick little exam on me. "Well, you should be glad you told me to pull you out," he said as he grabbed a bottle from a drawer.

"And why's that?" I asked, obviously a bit concerned.

Bish sighed and handed me two Advil and a glass of water, which I took, and guzzled the water down, along with the pills. "Well, the sim was starting to affect you in a way that isn't too safe. Basically, if we kept you in there, various things could've happened, many of them severe, such as a type of stroke, a heart attack, etcetera."

I nodded, completely understanding what he meant, as I am highly educated in the scientific field. "Alright, so I should be-"

I was cut off when an alarm started to go off, and a computerized voice started to speak. "Alert! Alert! Simulation Pod Number Twenty-Two has been opened! Alert! Altert!"

I quickly snapped my head in the direction of the pods. This wasn't good. Not at all. Simulation Pod Number Twenty-Two... That... That's Sarah's pod.

She then emerged from her pod, and started to walk out of the room. I looked at the monitor that Bish and Sarah had pulled up. This wasn't right. Neither side was even close to winning. I ran over to her, trying to stop her. "Sarah! Where do you think you're going?!"

"... Where I belong. Michael, please don't make me take you with me. I don't want you to get hurt," she said with no hesitation. However, there was a single tear rolling down her cheek.

This wasn't right at all. I grabbed the collar of her shirt, and pinned her to the ground, and begrudgingly pulled out my B3 Wingman,  which I pointed to her head. "S-Sarah. Tell me where you are going, and why. ... Please. I... I don't want to shoot-"

I was cut off as I was flung across the room, slamming into a wall. I let out a short yelp when I hit the wall, and fell, everything spinning a bit. I wasn't passing out, but the dizziness was from the impact of hitting the wall. I then looked up, and Sarah was standing over me. "Michael, no matter what you may see or hear from now on, do not, and I repeat, do not send any type of troops to come and 'rescue' me. Where I'm about to go... Where I'm going is my true home," she said before delivering a blow that knocked me out.

===

(Third Person POV)

(A/N: I am probably going to do this quite a bit instead of doing more First-Person POV crud. XD)

After knocking out Michael, Sarah walked over to Bish, clearly looking pissed. "Why? Why did you and Sarah do this to me?!"

Bish took a defensive step back, and based on his facial expression, he knew what Sarah was talking about, and he was shocked. "H-how do you know that? We... We wiped your memory after we brought you here!"

Sarah growled, pulling out a Hammond P2011. "Vice Admiral Stone told me. She told me everything. The fact that you two... Stormed my home planet, raided my village, murdered my parents, as they were high-ranking IMC officials, and kidnapped me, raising me in the damned hands of my parents' enemies!"

With quick reflexes, Bish was able to knock the gun out of her hand, and quickly aimed the gun at her, very slightly trembling as he loaded a bullet into place. "Sarah. You are not going back over to the IMC. As your superior Officer, I forbid it!"

Sarah grinned, as if Bish had just given her a dare or perhaps a challange. "Oh. You really want to play that game, Bish? Alright then. Let's play. Say I refused to listen to your orders. What will happen to me then?"

Bish growled. "Pilot Calian, I am positive you know what I will do if you do not cooperate."

She chuckled a bit. "Shoot me? Hah. I'd like to see you try," she said in a mocking tone, as if challenging to follow through his plan.

Bish snarled a bit. "Calian. Is that a challenge? Are you actually inviting me to try and shoot you?"

Sarah grinned. "Yes. Yes I am. Please. Go ahead and do it. I look forward to see how miserably you fail!"

Without hesitation, Bish readied the gun, and fired, but Sarah quickly teleported out of the way, the bullet not even close to hitting her.

===

Sarah appeared in the IMS Warhog, where Lauren was waiting for her. "I see you finally decided the show up, Captain Calian."

She nodded. "Sorry I was a bit late. Bish and Michael... They were acting as resistance to my escape."

Lauren nodded. "I see. Knowing that you know how things work around here, I assume they are only minorly injured, or completely fine?"

Sarah nodded. "Of course they're fine. Bish managed to get away unharmed, but I ended up needing to knock Michael out."

Lauren then gently took Sarah's hand, smiling. "Alright then. Why don't we get you properly fitted in a new suit of IMC Pilot Armor?"

Sarah nodded and followed Lauren to the armory.