Chapter 10: Questions

(Michael's POV)

I immediately headed for my room, but Sarah grabbed my shoulder. "Michael, I..."

I shook my head, knowing what she was going to say. "Sarah, there's no need to be sorry. You should be with Nico, helping him with his powers."

She shook her head. "But-"

I sighed,cutting her off. "I appreciate your concern, Sarah, but this... This is something I need to do on my own."

She sighed, and quickly kissed me, and I returned the favor. "Just promise to stay safe, alright?"

I nodded. "Of course. I can't bear the thought of having you go through what I went through when I... Lost you."

She nodded, and went back to the training room where Nico was.

===

Once I got to my room, I closed and locked the door, pulled out my holo-phone, and placed it on the counter and entered Lauren's number.

It rang quite a bit, but she eventually appeared as a hologram on my holo-phone, and she didn't look too pleased, her arms crossed. "What do you want."

I sighed. "Lauren. You know exactly what I want."

"I'm afraid I don't know what you are referring to, dear brother of mine. Would you care to elaborate?"

I glared at her. "You know exactly what I want. How are you leading the IMC as their Vice Admiral? And more importantly, why in the name of the Frontier are you trying to control Sarah? And how did you know she's alive? Only the Militia knows that she's alive."

Lauren shook her head, and I swear she smirked. "Ah. I can answer the first question with ease. I'm not sure if any of you were aware, but Spyglass was destroyed by former Sergeant Blisk."

"Formal? What's that supposed to mean?"

"What it means, Michael, is that Blisk is no longer with us, and I am the only figure of authority that the IMC has left. He went on a mission to save some Pilots you had taken captive, and went to retrieve him, but failed, and ended up being captured by you fools, and you still hold him captive today on one of your farthest planets you control: Muspell."

I shook my head. "Lauren, I seriously don't know what your talking about. It's true that we control Muspell, but we aren't holding Blisk captive. Sarah and Bish would've told me."

Lauren sighed. "That's the problem. They don't know."

I growled. "Alright. Answer my other question. Why the hell are you trying to control Sarah?"

Lauren shook her head. "You don't get it, do you Michael. Sarah is very valuable to us. She is a precious resource. We need her. She belongs with us. Ask her. She won't deny it."

I growled. "Lauren! Stop it! You are lying! She would NEVER admit to being on your side! Besides!, her loyalties lie with me and the Milita!"

Lauren sighed. "As long as I can help it, it isn't going to stay that way," she said before ending the call.

I was furious. In my rage, I stormed off to the control room and locked myself in.