Chapter 16: What Do I Believe?

(Michael's POV)

When Sarah had contacted me, it was the middle of the night, and as such, I was jolted awake when she communicated with me.
That was at 1 A.M. Now, it's 5 A.M., and I haven't gotten a wink of sleep since we talked.

I finally decided to go and tell Bish what had happened. It's been at least a week since he's told me what really happened, and he's regained my trust, at least for the most part.
I made my way to the Control Room, and I wasn't surprised at all when I saw that the door was open, and Bish was inside, the monitors on.

I silently walked into the room, and took a seat next to him.
He looked at me. "Morning Michael. Why are you up so early?"
I sighed. "... I... I couldn't sleep."
He nods. "Of course, but there has to be a reason why. It isn't like you to naturally have a hard time."
I closed my eyes, a tear or two rolling down my cheek. "Alright... You got me... It... It's b-because of Sarah... She m-managed to get in touch with me." I opened my eyes once I was done, and Bish gave me a look.
"Sarah. She somehow got in tpuch with you? How?"
I wiped the tears away. "She... She used her psychic powers..."
"...oh. I see. What exactly did she tell you?"
I then told him what had happened.

Bish sighed. "I see... Now, there's really only one important question. Do you believe what she said? Or do you think that she was forced into saying that?"
I shook my head. "I want to... But I'm not sure if I should..."
Bish sighed and put a hand on my shoulder. "Michael. This is a choice you need to make. You need to decide if you trust her."
I nodded. "You're right... But... But I trust her. She's my wife. I know she trusts me, and I know she's counting on me to trust her. So there's my answer. I trust her."
Bish smiled. "That's the Michael I know. Now, I'm not sure about you, but I'm hungry."
I chuckled a bit. "I'm hungry too. C'mon. Let's go get a bite to eat."

We then went to Mess Hall, and grabbed a bite to eat.

(A/N: Because this was so short, I'm going to publishing another short-ish chapter. It will probably be published in the next few hours, no later than 4PM EST.)