Chapter 2: Never Back to Normal

I looked at Damian in disbelief. "She... She has amnesia?"

"I'm afraid so, Michael. The doctors are doing everything they can to see if they can restore her memories," Damian answered with a sigh.

I wiped a few tears that were forming in my eyes, trying not to cry. I shouldn't be sad. Heck, I had just found out that my wife is alive, even though everyone thought she was dead!

I sighed. "Can... Can I go back and see her?"

Damian nodded. "Yeah. Of course you can. She still might be sleeping, so just be quiet when you go in, alright?"

I nodded, completely understanding. "Yeah. Which room is she in?"

"Second room on the left."

I nodded. "Alright. Thanks." I then went into her room.

===

When I walked into her room, I was a bit surprised to see that she was awake. She gave me a look, as if she was trying to remember something. "Hi," she said with a slight smile on her face.

I sat on the bed next to her, as it was quite large. "Hey Sarah. How are you holding up?"

She shook her head. "I'm not sure. The doctors said I have amnesia, and because of that, I know basically nothing."

I sighed and wrapped an arm around her waist. "Well, swee- er, Sarah, at least you do remember some things about yourself," I said. I was going to call her sweetheart, but I thought it might've been a bit too early for that.

Sarah nodded in agreement. "Yeah. But for some reason, all the facts seem random."

I slightly smiled. "Well, would you care to share those facts with me? Maybe I can help give them some meaning for you."

Sarah paused for a moment, and then nodded. "Yeah. I guess that would be a good idea. Let's see... I always have the name Meg floating around in my head, and I knew that wasn't my own name, as I knew that it was Sarah. Another thing is that I remember there being a fire somewhere, and I was completely surrounded by it. Also, I remember that I'm part of the IMC... Or at least I think so. The last thing I remember is that I was in some city... All big and mighty, and then it was blasted to pieces by a bomb that was dropped on it..."

That last one caught me off guard. I had no idea what in the name of the Frontier she was talking about. I then sighed. "Well, I can help you with three of those things. Meg is your daughter, and she's 14 years old. The whole deal with the fire is quite simple. You lead a raid on a town, and burned it to the ground, although it was the town that you used to call home. And being part of the IMC? That is a bit tricky. You see, you are actually part of the Militia, but the IMC had kidnapped you, and turned you over to their side. But the whole thing about being in a city that was blown to pieces by a bomb? I have no idea what that is about. You may want to go and talk to Bish about that. He knows a lot of things, and I'm sure he can help you figure out what that meant."

Sarah nodded. "Alright. Can you take me to him now?"

I quickly shook my head, having a better idea. "Well, why don't I go and get him? After all, you are still recovering."

Sarah sighed. "Alright. You have a point."

With a nod, I left the room, and started to look for Bish.