Chapter 11: A Possible Lead

I eventually called Sarah to the Control Room, and I let her in, and Nico was with her.

Nico came up and hugged me, and I hugged him back. "How's my little boy doing?"

He smiled. "Great! Mom and I were working with my powers when you called her in, and she wanted to bring me along!"

I smiled and looked over at Sarah. "So how's everything going?"

"Pretty good," she responded. "We were doing a little duel when you called us in."

"And I was about to win!" Nico added in.

I slightly ruffled his hair. "Well that certainly is a good thing, isn't it Nico?"

He nodded and laughed a bit. "Yep! It sure is!"

I quickly pulled up a game on the monitor next to me, one that allows the player to build their own custom Titan. "Hey Nico, why don't you play this game I set up for you while your mother and I have a little talk?"

He smiled, and quickly went over to the game without another word.

Sarah then walked over to me. "So what did you find out when you talked to your sister?" she asked.

I sighed. "Unfortunately, not too much. There was something that she said, but I can't trust if it's true or not."

She gave me an odd look. "And why is that?"

I shook my head. "Sarah, she told me that the reason that she is the current Vice Admiral for the IMC is due to actions that some of our members took."

She crossed her arms. "Michael, just spill it out already."

"... Fine. Lauren was saying that one of our divisions down on Muspell was holding a bunch of IMC Pilots captive."

She thought for a moment, and then nodded. "Alright. Yeah. That sounds familiar, so how is that not something you can trust?"

I sighed. "There's more to it. She said that a few months back, Blisk was sent to take back said Pilots, and the Pilots ended up escaping, but Blisk wasn't so lucky. Lauren claims that we took him captive."

Sarah shook her head. "That can't be right. Sarah and Bish never told us about that."

I nodded. "My exact reaction. Then Lauren's follow-up shocked me even more. She said that Sarah and Bish don't even know about this."

Sarah sat down next to me, and quickly logged into her account, shaking her head. "No. That can't be right... Sarah and Bish would've... Told us."

I looked at her. "Is something wrong? You had an odd hesitation right there."

She motioned for me to come to where she was. "No... Not exactly, but I think I know a bit more about this situation, and by the looks of it, Lauren is completely lying."

I looked over her shoulder, and an article, published only minutes ago, from the IMC Papers. The title completely shocked me.

New evidence shows that current Vice Admiral Stone killed former Vice Admiral Bisk.