Chapter 7- Unexpected

Chapter 7

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The drum was hit and they started fighting. My dad was way stronger than he looked. I started to feel sick and even more pain came to me every time Jacob was hit

‘Ahh!’ I yelled clutching my chest

‘Kora what’s wrong?’ Monti asked in kneeling in front of me

‘It hurts! It hurts make it stop please!’ I yelled falling out the chair were Monti caught me

‘Kora you’re matted in sweat and hot like temperature wise’ he said sounding shocked

I felt so much pain in my back that my back arched like a bridge, my stomach felt like it was ripping apart. My legs felt like they were being cut off with a saw

‘Gelar she’s going through the change! The fight is making the change happen! It has to stop! Stop the fight!’ I heard Monti yell as I felt really light headed. I was screaming and crying uncontrollably. I just wanted everything to stop.

The fight was paused but I started to drift in and out. I saw Jacob change back into his human form and my dad in his. Jacob put shorts on and ran to me, clutching me in his arms. I was breathing heavy; the pain was too much to bear. I started going in and out of consciousness and blacked out all together; the sight in front of me was too much to handle.

Jake POV

I was fighting Apari when I heard the screams of Kora from her chair. I had to ignore it until this fight was over I had to win for us, that’s what was on my mind but I kept getting distracted from her pain and I kept being attacked by Apari.

‘She was okay with Monti’ I thought. Then I heard someone say the fight had stopped and we must change back to our human forms.

I changed back and got a pair of shorts from the trees near by. I ran to Kora’s hyperventilating body. She was unconscious and breathing heavy I started freaking out

‘Kora is going through the change at this very moment; we must put her in the centre of the woods and surround her with fire! GO!’ the elder said.

We all ran to the woods and found flat land that was big enough so we could all stand there. I set her down in the centre and they put fire around her. I was panicking; she was in pain and looked like someone stabbed her bunch of times. I blame myself; if I didn’t stop fighting her dad when I first heard hear screams then maybe I could help her sooner.

‘We must bang the drums to welcome the animal in!’ someone yelled but I didn’t know who.

I heard the drums being played and them singing a song that I wasn’t paying attention to. Next thing the fire grew bigger, a wind storm started around us and you could hear animal screams around us.

‘We welcome the change!’ the alpha looking one said.

I saw a light coming from the distance from the north. It looked like an animal in the shape of a cat it was walking closer to Kora

‘Lynx come forth and claim your home’ the alpha one whispered