Chapter 23 : Nalu

Lucy thought ," It's so warm .. Feels like Natsu .. " She slowly opened her eyes . The first thing she saw was Natsu's bare skin , his chest . She was so close to him , sleeping on his right arm . She could feel his breathing . Just then , he put his left arm over her and hugged her while pulling her closer . Lucy blushed , she was as red as a tomato . Lucy also wanted to do something , so she put her arms around his waist and hugged him .

" Luce ..? You awake ..? "

" N-natsu ..?! "

" Yeah ? Morning , Luce ! " He grinned at her .

" M-m-morning .." She blushed after he grinned at her . She buried her face on his chest .

" Luce .. I'm hungry .."

" I'll make breakfast for you later .. Just stay like this for a while more .." She smiled .

" O-okay .." Natsu blushed as he hugged her tighter .

After a few minutes , Lucy loosened her grip on Natsu and got up . She said ," Natsu .. I remember .. everything .." Natsu got up and said ," Really ?! That's great ! " He back-hugged Lucy with a huge grin on his face . Lucy blushed , and turned around to look at Natsu . She said ," Natsu .. There are things I need to tell you and things you have to tell me . "

" What is it ? "

" Lisanna .. told me a year ago .. that you thought I was annoying , and you were disgusted by me .. and .. you told her that you hoped for me to get out of your face ... That's why .. I disliked you all these while .. But-- "

" Baka ! " He hugged her ." I would never say that to you ! "

" Wait," she gently pushed him away . " Listen to me first .. I disliked you for that one year .. but after I came back , you just distracted me .. my eyes just kept following you .. and unknowingly .. I .. I .. Natsu .. I unknowingly .. fell in love with you again .."

Natsu blushed and said ," Luce .. I'm cold ." She frowned and said ," HAH ?! I just confessed to you and your reaction is you're cold ?! " Natsu said ," Why can't I say I'm cold ? I'm cold , so make me warm ." He opened his arms . Lucy thought ," M-make him warm ?!" She blushed and hugged him . He hugged her back and whispered into her ears ," I love you too ." Natsu pushed Lucy away and pulled her back , but he tilted his head and their lips touched . As they kissed , Natsu explored her mouth , from her tongue to her jawline .

" Okay , stooooop ! Enough of your kisses .. I'm hungry , Lucy .. " Happy said , half awake . They broke off the kiss , both blushing . Lucy said ," I .. uh .. I'll .. go make breakfast now !! " She left his embrace and ran into the kitchen . She was blushing hard , her whole face was red . Then , Natsu went in the kitchen , and cornered Lucy . He teased ," Wanna continue where we left off .. Luce ?" Their eyes met , and Natsu inched closer . He kissed her once again , exploring her mouth as his hands reached to touch the back of her neck . Lucy pushed Natsu away from her and said ," Time out , Natsu ... I .. need to cook breakfast .." Natsu pouted ," Such a mood killer ... Alright .. I'll get ready then ."

< After breakfast >

They were leaving the house when Lucy said ," Natsu , wait . I need to give you something ."  She dug in her pocket and took out the heart-shaped key . She handed it to Natsu and said ," There ! I accept your feelings ..! " Lucy smiled . Natsu said ," Huh ? Oh this key .. hmm what did I write on the note again .." Lucy hit his head and said ," You told me to give the key to you if I accepted your feelings .." Natsu replied ," But I thought it was put it on the table of my room .. " Lucy smacked his head and said ," So you do remember afterall ..!! " Natsu grinned at her and she just blushed . Happy crept behind them and said ," You liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike each other ..!!" They said in synchronisation, " SHUDDAP , CAT ! " They looked at each other and laughed .

< At the guild >

Lucy and Natsu barged in together and said ," WE'RE HERE !! " Mirajane said ," As lively as ever huh ? " Lucy saw Gray and said , " Hello , Gray ! " Gray noticed something , they were holding hands . Mirajane asked ," Why are the two of you .. holding hands .. ? " Natsu grinned and said , " Oh , no biggie . We even kissed !! " Lucy smacked his head , his head went into the floor . She said ," We .. didn't do .. anything .." She looked at Gray . He smiled at her and told her through telepathy ," It's okay , Lucy . Just tell them . I'll be fine . " Lucy blushed and said , " Okay .. Natsu and I are .. g-g-going -- " Natsu stood up and kissed her right in front of everyone . He said ," Alright PEOPLE , LUCY IS MINE AND MINE ONLY ! SO IF ANY OF YOU GUYS TRY TO FLIRT WITH HER ..! I'LL KILL YOU . " They laughed . Gray smiled and thought ," At least he can bring you happiness , Lucy . " Gray stood up and said ," If you make her cry , we'll never forgive you ! " Natsu grinned and said , " Okay ! I won't make her cry ! I promise ! "

And so .. their relationship started . Lisanna found her love with Bickslow . Juvia and Gray got together .

< 3 years later >

" Nashi ! Nashi !! Where are you ..?? " Lucy called out .

" She's probably hiding in the tree again . " Happy said .

" Nashi !! Stop playing already .. It's about time you came back ! " Lucy called out again .

" Okay okay , Mom . I'm here . " Nashi said as she jumped down .

" I told you not to go up the trees , right ?! What if you get hurt ?! I .. can't afford to .. lose you .. " Lucy scolded as she hugged her daughter with teary eyes .

" M-mom .. I'm sorry .. When's dad coming back ..? " Nashi said .

" .. I .. don't know .. I don't even know if he's going to come back .. " Tears dropped down Lucy's face as she said that .