Chapter 11

Author's note: Does anyone even read this anymore? Over 800 views on the first chapter? That's crazy! Thank you, guys.

I'm honestly so hyped to go back and revise everything. That's literally one of my favorite parts of writing. Anyways, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a happy new year.

Leigh-Ann.

A name that made his heart leap and skip beats when it rolled off of ones tongue or when a vivid image of her seemed like it wasn't such a distance memory, although it was. 

Taking a shaky breath, he stuffed his shaking hand into his pant pocket and grabbed his phone. Licking his lips, his jaw began to tighten.

Going onto the gram wasn't going to be beneficial, he couldn't even remember her username, although he had recently given up stalking her page not to long ago.

Twitter? What was Twitter?

Snapchat? He removed her after a while.

Huffing he unlocked his phone and swiped the screen, searching for the desired app and tapping it.

Facebook was dead and his account should've been deleted anyways. However, it wasn't. Ann no longer had Facebook. Hers was deactivated years prior, but many of her friends still hopped on from time to time, from what he knew.

He was beyond determined to contact her.

Harry stared down in disbelief  as an unknown number appeared on his phone.

Hey...what's Ann's number?

Harry's eyes burned through his phone. He couldn't believe Ann's ex was hitting him up. Was he stupid? Maybe, Harry was just jumping to conclusions.
Huffing Harry clicked on the message and clicked a few other buttons before he clicked on the call button. Texting back wasn't even an option.

The phone rang twice before muffled noises became evident.

"How'd you get my number you dipwhit?" Harry spat.

A sigh came from the other end of the phone.

"I didn't contact you to argue. I just want to talk to Ann."

"No way. Are you stupid?" Harry questioned, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Dude, you don't understand. Just give me her number. I need to make things right again."

"Nah, I don't think you understand." He said, his British accent thick. "You hurt her. There's no way I'd let you do it again."

Heaving breathing came from the other line.

"Harry, please. I'm in some coffee joint right now. One of her favorites. I believe it's, Bill's or something. I need to know how she is."

Harry's eyes grew wide as he rose from the love seat he was positioned in. His eyes glanced towards the loft, in which Ann was located. She had excused herself to go to the bathroom a minute or so ago. He hoped he didn't talk to Bill at all. Bill wouldn't say a word although, he probably recognized Justin.

"She's fine." He stated through gritted teeth.

"She's fine?" Justin questioned, belief wasn't evident. He believe Harry was lying to say the least.

"She is." Harry bluntly responded as he began to pace around the living room.

"Let me talk to her."

"No."

"No what?" Ann cooed, as she paddled down the stairs and into the open space.

"She's there with you, right now?" Justin inquired, raising his voice on purpose.

"Shut up." He spat into the phone.

"Who are you talking to?"

Harry's face began hard as he stared into Ann's eyes. He couldn't lie but he couldn't witness her falling into his embrace once again. She was so close. So close to being over him or at least realizing he was in the past.

"Ann." Justin cried. Ann's lips parted slightly as she glanced at the phone that was pressed against Harry's ear and then back into his eyes.

"You're talking to him?" She croaked.

"He's been stalking me. He wanted to talk to you." He said, shaking his head and chewing at his cheek.

"Hand me the phone." Ann whispered as she approached Harry.

"Are you serious?" Harry asked, his face holding confusion. Ann nodded slowly and extended her hand.

A sigh with relief was heard from the other side of the phone as Harry removed the device from his ear and placed it into his friend's hand. A scoff escaped his pink lips in the process.

"Hello?" Ann croaked.

"Is this who I think it is?"

"Yeah." She stated dryly.

"How are you?"

"Fine."

Justin cleared his throat," I'm glad to hear that."

"Yeah." Ann nodded as she took a deep breath and plopped down into the soft cushion material behind her. The sofa quickly welcomed her and her body sunk into it.

"I miss you."

When those words escaped his mouth the girl's heart stopped and she hurriedly hung up the phone. She knew those words weren't true. They couldn't be.