What kind of father are you?

“How dare you!” He screamed at me. We were standing in the kitchen again, this time my brothers and Emma were there too. My father knew that I went to the S.H.I.E.L.D. offices when he saw the papers out on his desk. He had recovered from unconsciousness with a bruise on his temple and cuts from the shattered bottle.

“It was my decision to join S.H.I.E.L.D.! I really should be asking how you dare not tell me about what I can do!” I screamed back. We were both standing, with my brothers and Emma sitting at the table, watching.

“You think you’re free! I’m in control of you! You live under my roof, I control what you know and don’t know! You were never supposed to know about S.H.I.E.L.D.! How dare you go into my study?” He yelled at me, slamming his hand on the table for emphasis.

“I knew about S.H.I.E.L.D. before I went in there!” I said before I could stop myself. Oops.

“What?” He spat. I guess I have no choice but to tell him about Loki. Hell, it’ll add fuel to the already raging fire.

“You really wanna know what happened on the roof?” I asked rhetorically.  “Loki and I fought at first, then we started talking. He told me about S.H.I.E.L.D.; who they were, that they wanted me, and that Thor’s a member.”

“You talked to Loki? And you didn’t get battle plans? What kind of sentinel are you? You’re pathetic!”

“At least I didn’t hide major information about my daughter’s life! You could have told me what I was from the beginning! Why didn’t you? This is my life!”

“YOU’RE NOT MY DAUGHTER! I would never father such a pathetic creature.” He retorted quickly, like he had it planned. I have to admit, that stung.

“Biologically, you’re my father.”

“Yes, I know that. But I’ve hated you from the moment you were born. When your mother was pregnant with you and Nate, S.H.I.E.L.D. came to us. They knew one of you had the power of Thor, but they didn’t know which one. EVERYBODY was hoping it would be Nathan. Not you. But it was you. You were born with the power of Thor, not my son.”

“You can’t hate Nat for something that didn’t happen to me. You should hate me because I’m ordinary and praise her because she has the power. If you were right in your mind you would hate me and not my sister. You shouldn’t hate her because she’s special.” Nate interrupted. He stood up with us, and placed a protective arm around my waist. Father glared at him.

“You dare claim blood relation to her?”

“She’s my twin sister. I love her. I don’t understand how anybody could hate her like you do.” Nate said protectively.

“I only hate her because she got what you could have had.”

“But you should hate me because I didn’t get it.”

“But you’re my son! Sons are always supposed to be stronger than daughters.”

“How are you a sentinel?” I spat at him. “That statement goes against every statement in the book of sentinel. Women are supposed to have the main position in the family. Women are seen as the stronger gender because they care for people physically and emotionally. Unlike men, like you, who only care about themselves.”

“How dare you speak that way to me.”

“If I’m not your daughter then it shouldn’t matter how I speak to you.” I said smugly. You could feel the tension in the room after I just beat him at his own game. I smirked.

“The twins are right.” Emma said, finally joining the conversation.

“Who are you to say things about this family?”