IX. Too Much

This is what Mia's vintage flat looks like in my mind. Do you like it?

Hope you enjoy this one!

~*~

What the hell just happened?

Everything flashed in front of me. From Beth and Styles having sex, to finding out I wasn't welcome at the ball, to Louis standing up for me and my boss calling me ugly. What was happening with my life?

Also, how the hell did Louis know? Did El tell him? It must've been her. I don't really know how I feel about that. I guess it wasn't that much of a secret and knowing El, she probably told Lou out of concern for me and out of sadness that she couldn't have the fun she wanted to have at the ball.

One thing was sure, I owed Louis big time. It was so incredibly nice of him to stand up and defend me. No one has done that, apart from my parents. Yet, sadly, I was in no condition to thank him now. Not only was I feeling hurt, but my stomach wasn't feeling one hundred percent either. It kept on turning and making me nauseous.

After half an hour of trying to keep working and not making mistakes, I gave up. I kept on typing the wrong words, kept on sniffing and sobbing and I couldn't focus on the task at hand. I needed a moment to myself, away from him. I had already closed the door, but it didn't help whatsoever.
I shut my laptop and started packing up my belongings. I needed to get some rest and eat some sugar or something. I didn't want to faint in the middle of the day. I turned around to get my bag that was hung at my coat rack when I heard a knock at my door. I cleared my throat.

"Come in." I heard the door open and footsteps resonated through my office. The door closed.

"Mr Styles doesn't have a meeting at the moment. Feel free to knock on his door when you-" I froze in the middle of my turn. I was expecting Liam or someone else who might need to speak business with the boss, yet not Harry Styles himself. We stayed quiet for a while and I couldn't meet his gaze, but I felt it on me the entire time. The silence was dreadful.

"I'm so terribly sorry for what I said, Amelia."

My heart fluttered at the softness in his voice and the gentle way he said my name. Damn my bloody broken heart.

"If you don't mind, Sir, I'm going home for the day. I don't feel very well." I ignored his apology because I had no idea how to answer it.

"Of course, Of course. Take all the time you need. How are you going home? I'll drive you." He sounded worried about me, but it didn't make me feel any better. It was too late, I guess. Plus I didn't know if he was faking it or if it was real.

"NO," I couldn't help my stern tone, "I have someone that drives me. I already called him. He should be here in a minute or two." He looked surprised. Was he surprised because I had a driver? Or was he surprised because my voice sounded so strong and I wasn't acting like the broken girl he had seen not so long ago?

"Right." He whispered. He seemed pensive, trying to find something to say. Yet, coming up with absolutely nothing. I turned around again to finish my bag. I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. I saw who it was from and smiled, Arthur was waiting downstairs. I put on my coat and turned around to find my boss still standing there looking absolutely beautiful, as always. Piss off.

"Well, if you don't mind, Sir, the car is waiting outside. I'm going home." I informed him with my most professional voice.

"Shall I accompany you to the car?"

What the fuck? Since when was he behaving like a gentleman?

Since always, only not to you.