XLII. Having this Conversation

I think this is going to be a chapter many amongst you have been waiting for. But it was very hard to right, so if you don't find it that good...well I'm really sorry, but I tried.

One down two more to go. And an epilogue.

Enjoy...

~*~

I looked at him incredulously. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets and a soft gasp managed to escape my lips. I couldn't believe he actually had the nerve to make me explain myself to him.

"I can't believe this." I spoke, mostly to myself. I shook my head and looked down at my hands.

"Not so outspoken now, are we?" The bitterness in Harry's voice ripped my heart open, destroying it even further.

"Just stop." I said, still with an almost inaudible voice.

"Stop what? Stop getting the truth out of you? I know you're going out with him tonight. Lou told me." I silently cursed Lou...and El for that matter. She was probably the one who told him in the first place and Louis was the biggest chatter box there was.

"Stop being jealous, it doesn't suit you."

"Stop pretending you're so innocent, Amelia." The use of my full name along with the tone of his voice resonated through my head and it seemed the more Harry opened his mouth, the more he hurt me.

"You're just trying to put yourself into a victim's role. But you're not, Harry, far from it." His eyes widened and it made me glad I was somehow getting to him.

"Nothing happened with Ryan and nothing happened with Erik. That's all you need to know and that's all you're going to get. I don't need to explain myself to you, Harry. You lost that right the moment you fired me." I heard him groan which made my eyes snap up to his.

"We still need to talk about that." He said with a strained voice, trying with all his power to somehow stay calm.

"I don't want to talk." I said stubbornly. My childish behaviour made him completely spill over the edge.

"We're going to have this fucking conversation whether you like it or not." I sighed at his words.

"I made mistakes, yes, but this is yours, Amelia, you have no right to make me wait this long, to keep me on a string like this. You promised we would talk, yet you keep delaying it and sending me bloody mixed signals." He urgently and desperately ran his hands through his hair as he frowned and shook his head, "God...only a few hours ago we were going to fuck each other senseless and now you're back to break-up-modus."

His voice had started strong but ended into a mere whisper. I knew that was indeed a big mistake I made. Yet it was becoming more clear that we were so unhealthy, our relationship had become toxic.

"Fine." I whispered after a long silence, "I'll talk." He looked up and gave me a weak smile.

"But just so you know, I don't know what to say." I raised a brow. "So you start." I urged.

"For me it's pretty simple." He shrugged.

"Oh, is it?" I responded cynically, not finding his answer remotely funny or appropriate. He sighed and sat himself down on the chair in front of me.

"I want you back." His determined eyes met my fearful ones.

"If only it was that simple." I sighed. He leaned forward on his chair with his hands folded together and his legs spread open. He looked me deeply in the eyes, with a still very determined and serious look on his face.