XXI. A Gentlemen's Goodbye

The second part of their first date ever!!
Make sure you read the chapters before that.

Hope you like it.

Enjoy

~*~

"Do I have to close my eyes again once we step out of the car?" I asked while almost sounding like a child. I heard Harry chuckle and saw him shaking his head softly. I kept trying to look straight forward, but my attention always got caught by his long slender fingers which were tapping against the wheel on the rhythm of the soft music.

"Were you that scared?" He asked.

"Surprisingly no. I trust you." I really meant it.

"Good." He said while reaching out across the console to take my hand, squeeze it gently and give it a light kiss. I giggled from embarrassment.

The car moved swiftly through the evening traffic of London. I peeked through the window and saw the beautiful city from a very different perspective. I had been living in this city for four years, yet the only areas I knew were the main touristic ones, the university campus, my home and the SC-building. I never bothered to visit my own city before, so I was mesmerised by how beautiful it actually was. And the company I was with certainly helped the stunning atmosphere.

"Never been near Covent Garden before?" Harry asked after a period of silence, his voice replacing the music and making me smile even more than the lovely melody had.

"No. I never bothered." I kept my answer short yet my tone friendly. Harry knew I had no friends before for a while now, but he didn't need to know just how much of a loner and loser I was, or am. I'm still figuring that part out.

I felt the car slow down and I looked up from my hands. We were already parked and Harry was unbuckling his seatbelt. I did the same and followed him out of the car. When I went in to open the door, I was a little stunned when I found the door already opened and saw Harry's hand. I looked up and saw him smile at me, encouraging me to take his hand and lead me out of his car.

"Please, Mia, let me be the gentleman I desperately want to become."
He smirked and what he had said made me weak in the knees. He had no idea he already was one. But I suspected that he was still punishing himself for what he said and he did to me.

I grabbed his hand and smiled at him. He ran his thump gently over my knuckles and lifted my hand to his lips and pecked it sweetly. What I had noticed tonight and whenever we were together, he always had to have some physical contact with me. It wasn't in a sexual way, on the contrary, mostly it were simply sweet and caring gestures. I loved it because every day he revealed his true self a little more. What I could deduct from all the lovely touches, was that he was a guy who really cared about the people close to him and loved to show them just how much those people meant to him. I stood on my tiptoes after he had closed the door and pecked his lips.

"You already are one." He smiled at my confession and oddly, a grateful look took over his features.

"Let's get inside the restaurant. I'm starving." He said. 

"Clos Maggiore?" Harry nodded and my grin grew even wider. It was one of those restaurant the whole city was talking about. One of the most romantic places in London.

"Excited?" I nodded eagerly which made Harry laugh.

"You know what, love?" He stopped in his tracks and turned to me. I simply shook my head.