XL. Winter Stockings

Hiya everyone!

Having a good one? I hope so and I hope I can make it just a tat better with this new (feisty) update. Warning, it might not be my best chapter, but I didn't want to make you wait any longer.

Enjoy...

~*~

I stood in the lift waiting for the doors to finally open on the thirtieth floor. I looked up at the numbers and smiled once I saw number 28 passing by. My smile quickly vanished when I was reminded of that awful feeling of the black nylon stockings adorning my legs. I was under the constant impression that those stupid pieces of see-true fabric were going to fall off any minute since they had no elastic band at the waist. I cursed my mum for buying the kind of stockings which only had miniature strips meant to stick around the top of your thighs. Ergo no comfort.

It was already getting chilly and windy outside, reminding all civilians of the British island that winter was coming. But of course, me and my temporary obsession of looking the part and being professional, had decided to wear a dress for the day. It was only when I had put on the lovely, 70's vibe, suede dress this morning that I realised I had to put on those horrible stockings. Otherwise I was going to freeze to death, starting with my feet.

I felt relieved once I heard the familiar ding, still hating the feeling of being in a confined space for more than two minutes

I felt relieved once I heard the familiar ding, still hating the feeling of being in a confined space for more than two minutes. I walked out through the opening doors as quickly as I could and almost ran into Jules who was holding two mugs of what smelled like coffee.

"Oh, hello, Jules." I said a little out of breath. The young man turned around and smiled.

"Hi, Mia. I was just on my way to your office. Wanted to surprise you with an already waiting coffee, but guess I'm too late." He said with a little pout. I giggled and put my hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay, it was very sweet of you. I'm early so it's my fault. Come on." We walked to my office together and stopped in front of it. As I was grabbing my keys, the sound of the lift echoed through the corridor. I put the keys in the lock and turned them twice before opening the door.

"Oh look, Mr. Styles is also early today." Jules said with a genuine smile. I didn't look around and quickly walked into my office.

"Great." I mumbled, obviously not feeling the same enthusiasm as Jules was apparently feeling. I had no idea what what was so exciting about Harry being early.

I put my stuff down at their usual place and started up my computer. I thanked Jules for the coffee and went through our little daily meeting. After he left my office I sat down and took another gulp of the delicious brown substance. I went on with my work as I had done for the past three months. It was a strange thing how fast the time flew by. My life had turned into a crazy busy rollercoaster of meetings, phone calls, travelling, etc. My work-focus was interrupted by the sound of my phone. I accepted the call after checking the ID.