Two

Ashton

I didn't want to, but it did seem like fun. Okay, I wanted to. But Luke pressured me to take all those shots, alright?

"Ashton! Truth or dare?" Michael asked me.

"Uhh." I burped, still a bit lightheaded from the beer pong we just finished playing.

I had obviously won.

"Dare." I responded, the boys around me gasping.

"I dare you, to-"

That's when it all got blurry. I can't remember the rest, but it was a gnarly night.

Now, I've got the worst headache, all those shots taking their toll. I haven't eaten anything but a few slices of toast and vegemite, but it didn't taste as good it it usually does. The sunlight bled through the blinds, making me have to squint my eyes to see.

"Ashton, it's fo-" Calum walked in, the only one who didn't attend our party yesterday. "Hangover, huh?"

"Shut up." I groaned, the pounding in my head worsening.

"SORRY!" He yelled at the top of his lungs, making my head go nuts.

"OW! CALUM!" I yelled back.

"It's for you." He laughed, giving me the phone.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"Hello. Is this Ashton Irwin?" A sweet voice asked.

"Yes." I sat up, my headache finally wearing off.

"Hi! This is Janice, from Addison Orphanage. You're late for your appointment." She spoke softly.

"What?" I asked, totally confused.

"Your appointment, Mr. Irwin. You were going to adopt."

"WHAT?!"

Dale

"Dale! Guess what!" Tommy sat next to me, putting his half empty tray beside mine.

"What, Tommy?" I asked.

"Someone's going to adopt today!" He squealed.

"How do you know? And by the way, I absolutely love your necklace, girl." I said, staring at his really pretty butterfly necklace.

"Oh, thanks. I was at the office yesterday night, I got another week of detention for making a speech about equality, and I overheard Ms. Janice, the really pretty one, saying that someone was making an appointment for today at 10. It's 10:08, Dale. Who knows who it is, or who they'll pick!" He said.

"Interesting." I said, stuffing my face with food.

I knew I was going to have to flush all of it down afterwards, but what really mattered now is that it tasted delicious.

"The eggs are great." I told him.

"Oh." He said, biting a little piece off his bacon.

"You alright? You haven't been eating much lately." I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. The nurse told me I was overweight last week when I went for my check up." He said, looking down at his tray.

"You don't look overweight!" I said, clearing my plate of any food.

"Yes, I do! Look, I don't want to talk about it." He said.

"Okay. I've got to go, anyways."

"Where to?"

"Just gotta pee." I lied.

"Oh, ew." He laughed.

"Like you never pee!" I fake laughed.

I could feel my stomach growing larger. Hopefully I had soaked up all the nutrients I needed by now, because I am not getting any fatter than I already am. Tommy isn't fat at all. He's lucky.

I stood up and picked up my tray. I walked to the kitchen, where I washed my plate and fork, and put my tray in the stack. I walked out and through the cafeteria.

As I walked down the hall, I saw Lisa again. She sneered at me, watching me walk down the hall. I could feel her eyes stinging into the back of my neck. I tried my best to ignore her, but panic washed over me when I heard laughing behind me.

I started walking faster, getting closer to the bathroom door. I pushed the door open and locked myself in the stall, letting out the tears I was holding in. I pressed my back against the wall, my breakfast still sitting inside me. I had to get rid of it.

I had to get rid of the fat.